What are you listening to right now?

Very cool! Oh hellz yeah! Thanks bro!

My mom still likes to "theme song shame" me. I think the first time she met my wife, she proceeded to tell her the story; of my obsession of the Hawaii Five-0 theme. Laughing at me, and telling her how I would run as fast as I could around the house, "like I was on fire", every time I heard it. Then closed with the "loving"..."bless his heart...he still ain't right".Thanks mom!

And yes, I still have the uncontrollable urge to take off running like a crazy person every time I hear it...true story.o_O

This is gonna be awesome.;)

Here's a wayback video of The Ventures...dig those amps~!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003cch

The Eyes of the World Are on You
Barry Humphries' Forgotten Musical Masterpieces

Barry Humphries returns to Radio 2 with his critically acclaimed vintage music series. In this particular programme, Barry offers musical therapy to distressed 21st Century souls on both sides of the Brexit debate. With his Turntable Time Machine spinning at 78 r.p.m., Barry transports listeners back to the sound of the early 20th Century with an exciting assortment of wonderfully quirky British and Continental songs.

BARRY SAYS:

“Through these programmes, I’m seeking to give new life to old songs - vintage tracks, which, in my opinion have been undeservedly cast aside, overlooked and forgotten. Many of the songs in these programmes, offer fascinating snapshots of social history and contain advice, which, should any of us choose to listen, is still of great value today. The first half of the 20th century saw great change and challenges, which were reflected upon by many songwriters.”

“Since I was last here at Radio 2, I’ve been hunting far and wide - in caves, caverns, cellars, as well as the odd county-house attic, rescuing 78 r.p.m. gems, so I can, once again, fill the nation’s ears with delight.”

This vintage music series presented by Barry Humphries refreshes parts others cannot, or dare not, reach!

Tracks in this programme include:
The Eyes of the World Are On You - Louis Levy & His Gaumont British Symphony, Breakaway - Jack Hylton, Rule Britannia A Travestry - Norman Long, Buy British - Clarkson Rose, The Continong & We're Riding the Tunnel to Gay Paris - North & South (Tommy Handley & Ronald Frankau), The Channel Swimmer - Horace Kenney, The Continental - Nat Gonella, The Cockney Amorist - Sir John Betjeman with music by Jim Parker... Plus, Barry uncovers the dark fictional plot of the Gershwins' 1927 musical Strike Up the Band which saw America at war with Switzerland over a trivial trade dispute.

Back