What are you listening to right now?

Listening to Kenny G. I know I know not everyone’s cup of tea. But if you listen carefully there is a plethora of some pretty cool licks that you can steal and make them your own. I find listening to jazz very relaxing when the stresses in life get to me.

No links yet, but I'm listening to Queensryche Digital Noise Alliance. I pity any band trying to replace Geoff Tate on vocals, but the new vocalist is very good, and this is the best new Queensryche album (edit: that I have heard) in YEARS! GREAT album. Trust me and just get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
No links yet, but I'm listening to Queensryche Digital Noise Alliance. I pity any band trying to replace Geoff Tate on vocals, but the new vocalist is very good, and this is the best new Queensryche album in YEARS! GREAT album. Trust me and just get it!
Completely agree!

Completely agree!
Apparently I've been asleep at the wheel. I knew they had put out a few albums since my last ones (early 2000s) and the last two I had were "good, not great." Seems several of the newer ones are very well liked as well, so I'm checking them out now. If they are as good as Digital Noise Alliance, then they are BACK! I'm not always the biggest fan of old bands who have 1-2 members left and they aren't even my favorite members, but DNA is a great album and really sounds like Queensryche in their prime!

So far, the 2013 self titled album is sounding really good (listening now in the office). I'll be checking this, "The Verdict" and the one in between them out in short order.

Apparently I've been asleep at the wheel. I knew they had put out a few albums since my last ones (early 2000s) and the last two I had were "good, not great." Seems several of the newer ones are very well liked as well, so I'm checking them out now. If they are as good as Digital Noise Alliance, then they are BACK! I'm not always the biggest fan of old bands who have 1-2 members left and they aren't even my favorite members, but DNA is a great album and really sounds like Queensryche in their prime!

So far, the 2013 self titled album is sounding really good (listening now in the office). I'll be checking this, "The Verdict" and the one in between them out in short order.
This is their 4th with Todd LaTorre on vocals. All of them are miles better since anything they've done since the mid 90s. LaTorre can nail the vocals, and has brought them closer to their older sound. Digital Noise is the best of the four.

This is their 4th with Todd LaTorre on vocals. All of them are miles better since anything they've done since the mid 90s. LaTorre can nail the vocals, and has brought them closer to their older sound. Digital Noise is the best of the four.
Made it through self titled 2013 album, and Condition Human today and will be ordering both. It's funny... After Q2K, Promise Land, Here in the now... and then all the fighting, breaking up and stuff, I kind of gave up on them. Again, this isn't much of the original lineup, but so far both of these are really good also, if not quite as good as DNA, and by golly, replacing Tate on vocals is like trying to replace Eddie in Van Halen... but I think they pulled it off! This guy is great. In fact...

When I heard a clip of DNA a few weeks back, my initial thought was "that is not Tate, but that guy is really good." Then, "but he really sounds a lot like him..." And then "ok, it has been 20 years since I've heard Geoff Tate, maybe that is him!" Then found out it wasn't, but immediately ordered DNA anyway, and love it. I'm not easy to fool on vocals, but this guy is REALLY good and sounds very much like Tate. And I really liked DeGarmo, and he's not in this lineup either, but this REALLY sounds like Queensryche, and it really sounds like the really good stuff from them. If these albums came out in the early 2000's I never would have abandoned ship.

New turntable day. I was due - I'm still using my Technics linear tracking turntable from the early 80s. Still works, but I was due for a new one. I still want to build a nice system before I retire, so this is a combination fills my need for a second turntable/research into what these newfangled ones are like. I ended up getting a Music Hall mmf-1.5 It'll eventually be my basement turntable, but for now, it's the main one.

There was only one choice for the first record.

R-3804114-1351631137-7662_1296x.jpeg

And currently playing...

418467119563:360

Made it through self titled 2013 album, and Condition Human today and will be ordering both. It's funny... After Q2K, Promise Land, Here in the now... and then all the fighting, breaking up and stuff, I kind of gave up on them. Again, this isn't much of the original lineup, but so far both of these are really good also, if not quite as good as DNA, and by golly, replacing Tate on vocals is like trying to replace Eddie in Van Halen... but I think they pulled it off! This guy is great. In fact...

When I heard a clip of DNA a few weeks back, my initial thought was "that is not Tate, but that guy is really good." Then, "but he really sounds a lot like him..." And then "ok, it has been 20 years since I've heard Geoff Tate, maybe that is him!" Then found out it wasn't, but immediately ordered DNA anyway, and love it. I'm not easy to fool on vocals, but this guy is REALLY good and sounds very much like Tate. And I really liked DeGarmo, and he's not in this lineup either, but this REALLY sounds like Queensryche, and it really sounds like the really good stuff from them. If these albums came out in the early 2000's I never would have abandoned ship.
La Torre also released a solo album last year. It's heavier than Queensryche, but good. He was also in a band called Crimson Glory for a while. They were big in Florida, and had kind of a cult following else where, in the 80s. They put some cool stuff out.

New turntable day. I was due - I'm still using my Technics linear tracking turntable from the early 80s. Still works, but I was due for a new one. I still want to build a nice system before I retire, so this is a combination fills my need for a second turntable/research into what these newfangled ones are like. I ended up getting a Music Hall mmf-1.5 It'll eventually be my basement turntable, but for now, it's the main one.

There was only one choice for the first record.

R-3804114-1351631137-7662_1296x.jpeg

And currently playing...

418467119563:360

Watched the Zappa Doc on Netflix, wow what a musical force and starring a young Steve Vai.

Back