What are the non-PRS guitars in your arsenal you'll just never quit?

Big fan of R9 and R8 Les Pauls. If there is one that is going in my tomb, it is this one:

It‘s from a run of 10 (?) “killer quilts“ From 2011.

Some of the others. The excellent quality of these is very consistent (the 3 on the right have Brazilian fret boards), and every one is non-chambered and under 9 lbs.

Hmm….the Koa LP isn’t shown….interesting, very interesting! :)

Yup Slayer, Pantera, machine head and Coal Chamber definitely had the craziest pits. I'd put coal chamber at the top as I fractured my knee cap at that show.
I called it a day being in the pit after that one :S
Slayer are top guys tbh
Tho I used to roadie for my mates band raging speedhorn who were supporting them on their European tour. We got stoned, got the munchies and ate Slayers pizza. Man I nearly got killed and booted of the tour for that one! Haha
I retired after a Biohazard show at the Birch Hill Nightclub in Old Bridge, N.J..
Nice deep cut from elbow to wrist. Didn’t even realize it happened until I was leaving. ”Hey, why is my arm so itchy…?”:p:D
The hardcore / thrash / crossover scene around here (NJ,NY) was a whole lotta fun.

Yup Slayer, Pantera, machine head and Coal Chamber definitely had the craziest pits. I'd put coal chamber at the top as I fractured my knee cap at that show.
I called it a day being in the pit after that one :S
Slayer are top guys tbh
Tho I used to roadie for my mates band raging speedhorn who were supporting them on their European tour. We got stoned, got the munchies and ate Slayers pizza. Man I nearly got killed and booted of the tour for that one! Haha
For me the most dangerous pits were Agnostic Front and Murphy’s Law.

Compared to Skinheads, Hessians were a cakewalk. Fortunately, I quit the pit before it got mainstream. There used to be decorum before football players learned moshing.

I retired after a Biohazard show at the Birch Hill Nightclub in Old Bridge, N.J..
Nice deep cut from elbow to wrist. Didn’t even realize it happened until I was leaving. ”Hey, why is my arm so itchy…?”:p:D
The hardcore / thrash / crossover scene around here (NJ,NY) was a whole lotta fun.
Oooff that's pretty rough.
Yeh, I can imagine the hardcore scene in NY was crazy so many good hardcore bands have come from that area.
I was in a hardcore band for a while in the early 2000s it was a lot of fun and I was happy cos i could get pissed and still manage the three or four power chords per song haha
I just hated the stupid hardcore guys flailing their fists around and running into kids and people just trying to have a good time.
I got into quite a few fights over stuff like that.
Although pits are rough places to be there's still pit etiquette right ;)

For me the most dangerous pits were Agnostic Front and Murphy’s Law.

Compared to Skinheads, Hessians were a cakewalk. Fortunately, I quit the pit before it got mainstream. There used to be decorum before football players learned moshing.
wow agnostic front and Murphys law mosh pit!!!
Id be strongly considering a stab vest for that one!!

Besides my 2021 Wood Library DGT, my other go to is an 8 year old (Larry) Corsa Manaleshi LP…..handmade by Larry in PA. Very thin finish. No wood filler. Chambered……absolutely made my old 59 LP and 58 reissues not necessary ( with Zhangbucker pickups) that I installed. Duane models. Go figure..haha. The Manaleshi and my DGT are simply the ultimate guitar tools for the 3 bands I play in back East

wow agnostic front and Murphys law mosh pit!!!
Id be strongly considering a stab vest for that one!!

My friend and old band mate had a pretty popular hardcore label, and opened a record shop with a venue I helped hobble together in its basement. Our first and last show was Murphy’s Law.

There was a .22 that was dropped and being kicked around on the dance floor until Jimmy stopped the show and picked it up.

My friend and old band mate had a pretty popular hardcore label, and opened a record shop with a venue I helped hobble together in its basement. Our first and last show was Murphy’s Law.

There was a .22 that was dropped and being kicked around on the dance floor until Jimmy stopped the show and picked it up.
First and last show!
Was that because of the .22 incident?
Things like this make me kinda glad its pretty hard to get a gun license in the UK

You know: "Dad! What the hell were you hanging on to all of this for?!?!"

My buddy is (or at least temporarily was) the opposite. When his dad died, he found all kinds of crazy sh!t in the house, including an airplane propeller and a canoe paddle. He never owned a boat. Or plane. So my buddy said, "I feel somewhat compelled to find some random item to leave for the kids to find."

First, we were all deaf after the second song (always wear protection),

How is a rubber going to help your hearing? Sounds like you're a Trojan shill. Are you really big prophylactic? o_O

See what I did there?

Back