What are the best locking tuners to replace the PRS SE Mark Holcomb stock tuners?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Mason Bose, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Mason Bose

Mason Bose New Member

Hey everyone, wanting to replace the tuners on the PRS Mark Holcomb sig w/ preferably matte black locking tuners, but I'm not too sure what are some compatible tuners. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. toothace

toothace We've got, you know, armadillos in our trousers.

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/MannMade_USA_Locking_Tuner_Set_p/7030.htm

You can also call John...I believe he still offers to convert your existing SE tuners to locking. That's what I had him do for me.

As an aside, I ordered a bridge from John earlier this week. He's in New Hampshire, I'm in Connecticut. The bridge is currently in the FedEx facility in Memphis...I guess as long as it isn't on a plane with Tom Hanks...

3. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules New and improved member

Some of these routing trips are crazy. There was a guy at TGP the other day who said he bought a guitar from a guy that lived 100 miles away, and when tracking it it was now over 1000 miles away at a UPS hub.

LSchefman likes this.
  4. Eddie kim

Eddie kim New Member

Hipshot black open tuners. No drilling, super easy install, and made in the USA...

CyFan4036, dogrocketp and LSchefman like this.
  5. Eddie kim

Eddie kim New Member

6. parallyze

parallyze "What became of subtlety?"

LSchefman and 90sMcCarty like this.
  7. mace

mace New Member

Probably a little late to the party, but the Schaller's fit on the Holcomb. However, I had to make the mounting screw hole a bit bigger on the Schaller's to accompany the screw from the Holcomb. Basically took a drill and wallowed out the mounting hole on the Schaller ever so slightly. Otherwise, the holes lined up and everything.

I got the satin black ones in the link above. I actually meant to get Ruthenium (to better match the originals) but the black chrome looks good also. They ain't cheap, but they are extremely well made.

LSchefman likes this.