What are the best locking tuners to replace the PRS SE Mark Holcomb stock tuners?

Mason Bose

Hey everyone, wanting to replace the tuners on the PRS Mark Holcomb sig w/ preferably matte black locking tuners, but I'm not too sure what are some compatible tuners. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/MannMade_USA_Locking_Tuner_Set_p/7030.htm

You can also call John...I believe he still offers to convert your existing SE tuners to locking. That's what I had him do for me.

As an aside, I ordered a bridge from John earlier this week. He's in New Hampshire, I'm in Connecticut. The bridge is currently in the FedEx facility in Memphis...I guess as long as it isn't on a plane with Tom Hanks...

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/MannMade_USA_Locking_Tuner_Set_p/7030.htm

You can also call John...I believe he still offers to convert your existing SE tuners to locking. That's what I had him do for me.

As an aside, I ordered a bridge from John earlier this week. He's in New Hampshire, I'm in Connecticut. The bridge is currently in the FedEx facility in Memphis...I guess as long as it isn't on a plane with Tom Hanks...
Some of these routing trips are crazy. There was a guy at TGP the other day who said he bought a guitar from a guy that lived 100 miles away, and when tracking it it was now over 1000 miles away at a UPS hub.

Probably a little late to the party, but the Schaller's fit on the Holcomb. However, I had to make the mounting screw hole a bit bigger on the Schaller's to accompany the screw from the Holcomb. Basically took a drill and wallowed out the mounting hole on the Schaller ever so slightly. Otherwise, the holes lined up and everything.

I got the satin black ones in the link above. I actually meant to get Ruthenium (to better match the originals) but the black chrome looks good also. They ain't cheap, but they are extremely well made.

Hipshot are made in Korea. Hipshot are good tuners but the normal set sometimes the 19mm bushings are too short to use with the Ump plate. The guy at Hipshot will send the longer bushings for free, just need to call. Gotoh including the screws fit exactly as long as you buy the correct angle.

I have the hipshot black open locking tuners. The black coating wears off under the strings very quickly, which normally would be fine, except it's sharp and has broken 3 high E strings on me in about a month and a half. I've been trying to smooth it out to get it to stop breaking strings. I don't think this is a problem on every set of hipshots.

I have the hipshot black open locking tuners. The black coating wears off under the strings very quickly, which normally would be fine, except it's sharp and has broken 3 high E strings on me in about a month and a half. I've been trying to smooth it out to get it to stop breaking strings. I don't think this is a problem on every set of hipshots.
I would touch base with hipshot. They do have excellent cs support.

Back