What amp do you play your CE 24 through?

Mole351

Not sure if this belongs in this for the amp forum. Anyway - I'm currently playing through a mesa express 50 (head and 2x12 can) - love it but looking for something a bit smaller good for grab and go. Thinking about a DRRI.

Any amps known to get along with this model better than others?

I play blues/rock/jamband type music...

I always played my CE22 through a Mesa Mini Rectifier head into a Port City 1x12 Cab (til I traded my CE for a McCarty :D)

Personally I use a Peavey Classic 50, but it's a little heavy for grab and go. For grab and go I'd look for a Classic 30. Solid workhorse amps that sound great and don't cost a bunch. Would sound fantastic in your stated genres.

Personally I use a Peavey Classic 50, but it's a little heavy for grab and go. For grab and go I'd look for a Classic 30. Solid workhorse amps that sound great and don't cost a bunch. Would sound fantastic in your stated genres.
This one is definitely in the mix. Honestly have been going back and forth with this and the DRRI

Right now a mesa blue angel head through mesa 1x12 widebody cabinet. C90 speaker

This one is definitely in the mix. Honestly have been going back and forth with this and the DRRI

I've owned a whole lot of amps over the years, from Marshall to Mesa to Fender, etc...lots of rather expensive amps, and yet I always come back to the Peavey Classic series. They'd still hold their own even if they were priced like Mesa's. It's just a bonus that they can be found used on Craigslist for a fraction of the price.

32919001664_7662a12eaa_b.jpg

Usually my Line 6 Helix. Glorious.
Edit: pic to prove it ;)

Last edited:
That's two different questions -- what I play my CE24 through is a Vox AC30, but that's hardly small or light. I second the Sonzera -- from the one or two YouTube clips I've heard of it, that sounds like a great little amp. If that doesn't work for you, I'd recommend my personal favourite grab-n-go amp: Rivera Clubster (the small one, not the big mouth one). I have a 1x12, but it comes as small as a 1x10 if you look used. If I didn't already have that, I'd want the Sonzera.

Not sure if it's a viable option where you are, but I do the same sort of playing and have just recently got a Victory Sheriff 22 head with a Victory 1x12 cab. The head is in the lunchbox style and weighs around 6.5 kgs and comes with a carry case, so it's easy to load up and carry about. I'm new to this jamming thing though so no real experience with anything else, but I'm more than happy with the sounds I'm getting from it.

Grab and go and cheap?
test a Boss Katana 100........you will be pleasantly suprised

What do you usually connect it to at home?
At home, I just headphone it, or send it into my TH10 (Yamaha). Basically I get audio through my pc speakers at that point. It works well. I've got kids, so having something this potentially quiet is wonderful.

I should add that the Helix LT is now available and it's just under 1k, I believe. Lighter without compromising any of the things that make it sound great.

Back