What amp do us peasants play our SE's through?

I'd forgot about this thread. Since I originally posted, I've added a Blues Junior to the herd that's now a Junior in name only. It sports full Fromel mods, tone stack mod, twinstack mod, input jack mod, 3 way switch mod, TO20 output transformer, MOD tank, Mojotone 2-10 pine cab, and a Tone Tubby Red Alnico and a 40/40 Ceramic speaker. Someone sunk a trunkload of cash into this amp, enough for a good used CE, and I'm almost embarrassed with how little I gave for it...almost.
That sounds like a cool score. Enjoy!

Update from my last post in 2017....

These days I am happily using Bad Cat amps. I mostly use a 2019 Cub IV 15R. Sometimes I'll plug into my HC30R and BC 1x12 cab. While I still have the EVM12Ls with the Rivera rig, I am greatly enjoying the Celestions that Bad Cat uses.

uyhgb7u.jpg

Recently started using a Boss Katana 100, running a line out to a Monoprice 15 to do a two-amp thing.

As someone returning to playing after about 25 years, and trying to be serious (lessons, practice,etc) I bought one of the monoprice 15s on eBay. I got a nice price and some eBay bucks.

I like the amp a lot, I was using a black star fly 3, which is really nice for toting around the house.

Also using a Monte alums modded DS-1. As a revolving experimental physicist, I really can’t leave anything alone.

First caveat...I am strictly a bedroom player. I have a Boss Katana 100, but I was spending too much time playing with different settings and connecting it to my computer (chasing tones)...I wanted to simplify and now I use a Fender Pro Junior IV. 2 Knobs (Tone and Volume). Plus it goes to 12!

I play through a Marshall JCM2000 DSL50 with a homemade oversized 2x12, loaded with a WGS Reaper 30 and WGS ET65. There's no guitar that sounds terrible through that thing.

Ampreg Reverberocket with a Celestion Type A speaker. Tone monster and incredibly cheap on the used market for an all tube, high quality design. Best built in spring reverb I’ve ever heard.

I don’t currently own an SE, but if I did, I would happily play it through my Bogner Atma aluminum combo, same as I do my trusty EG3.

Victory Sheriff for classic rocky things (Bernie and SC Satin) and Victory Kraken for the angry SVN-type things.

My SE gets played through the same amp as my Wood Library McCarty 594... a Friedman JJ Jr with matching 2x12 cab.

I have yet to find a guitar or pickup configuration that doesn’t sound killer through it.

I am a really enjoying line 6 stomp with powercab, and happily rotating through AC15, AC30, archon and /13 models. They have an update around the corner adding zen drive and king of tone plus some tweed models, so have that to look forward to

I love SE range, had 2, but only have S2s now but second hand S2 can be gotten for SE new prices...

Back