What A Day...

Our drummer has back issues, exacerbated by being rear-ended by some older lady high on something, probably muscle relaxers :). He lost feeling in his left leg which is kind of important for drumming on a kit. Had surgery last week and will have at least 4 weeks of recovery. So, even if we wanted to get together and jam, he's out of commission.

Unfortunately, I’m not a stranger to back problems. Next to the sciatica attack and related pain, this was the most debilitating it’s been. But today was much better - a few glitches here and there, but I was pretty much able to function normally. Hoping tom’w is even better.

Get well soon, buddy!

PS- Our local Bob Evans burned down and they aren't going to rebuild.

That sucks. We’ve lost two of our favorite restaurants to fires over the years. One was a little Italian place that had the best meat sauce. They also had a feature for kids - the chef had a thing set up where they could build their own kid-sized pizza. They got to flatten the dough and put all the toppings on.

The other was a steak place that had pretty much the best steak we’ve ever had. Even better, we could walk to it. All I ever put on their steaks was a little salt - so tasty and cooked to perfection. The owner planned to rebuild, but rumor is the township wouldn’t give them a variance to put the new building back further on the lot. We found out it wasn’t coming back when the local theater posted for a liquor license transfer. Interesting back story - the building they were in was supposedly a former brothel. It’s been about 10 years and I still miss that place.

Alan,

We must be on the same wavelength this week...I awoke yesterday with back pain on the right kidney side, and today with a strained pectoral over my heart. WTF. (Pardon my French.) The past couple days have not been the best this week, and I'm feeling a bit depressed about it. Upside is my doc has re-written my PT referral, and the fitness center has re-opened across the way. I'm hoping to get back to exercising so as to infuse some endorphins soon. (Which I really need to do in order to get rid of the extra weight that's been holding my 25 y.o. (now 61) body hostage since the 1980's...)

I'm pretty sure there is a place somewhere on your way south-east that will have ok food...??!!??
Worst case scenario...beer and buffet breakfast at HGI...

Hope your back feels better, Alan.

Spoken like a someone who travels for a living. ;)

First I woke up with back spasms bad enough that I couldn’t focus to work. Ended up at an urgent care facility after lunch and got some lovely muscle relaxants. Spent the evening sleeping, using ice and heat, and not a whole lot else.

Then, my wife got an e-mail from Famous Dave’s that they will not be reopening their Frederick, MD location. That was my primary restaurant on the way to Experience and on the way home, especially after they closed the one in Annapolis. Guess I gotta come up with another reason to go to Experience...

Dang! Sorry buddy...I feel your pain as well. It sucks...I finally gave up on the lumbar blocks and pain pills...now I stretch alot, been secretly doing a little yoga lately (don't tell Shawn, he'll get a big head:D) and of course, I use only the finest herbal supplements to help with the pain.;)

Feel better soon bro!

If you get bar you can hang from, the stretch will do your back the world of good. Leave it on one door frame and do it in the morning and when you go past. You don't even need to pull up, just stretch.

https://www.amazon.com/Ikonfitness-Pull-Up-Bar-Technology/dp/B0798J8ZP1/ref=sxin_7_ac_d_pm?ac_md=4-1-QmV0d2VlbiAkNzUgYW5kICQxMDA=-ac_d_pm&cv_ct_cx=pull+up+bar&dchild=1&keywords=pull+up+bar&pd_rd_i=B0798J8ZP1&pd_rd_r=003a844c-a322-43ea-8abb-240153eb789b&pd_rd_w=2YEFK&pd_rd_wg=punZI&pf_rd_p=65218b5e-9d60-4e42-83ae-a40c4223301c&pf_rd_r=8WXKXDHEF0R9XE0SQ268&psc=1&qid=1593024695&sr=1-2-22d05c05-1231-4126-b7c4-3e7a9c0027d0

and if the worst happens & you pull the bar off the frame then at least your wife gets a laugh?

Makes good sense. I've got an door frame hang bar supposedly designed for pull-ups, but at my weight I dare not try pull-ups against the upper door frame...would more likely use the bar for overhead stretch or the upper arms and shoulders, as well as the upper back...just gotta l-e-a-n a little forwards and back with arms stretched...

My next door neighbor would be the only one hearing the bar come off the door frame through the apartment walls...likely followed by some choice language designed to discourage my neighbor from cackling like an old hen, not encouraging it...

Will let you know if we're BBQing drumsticks tomorrow or not.

Hope you feel better! There’s a Famous Dave’s just south of Frederick in Germantown. Not as good as the Annapolis one but it hits the spot.

Did some stretching earlier this evening, seemed to solve some of my immediate muscle tightness...will begin working with some PT in the next few weeks so it'll be possible to use the shoulders and back machines at the fitness center, which re-opened this past Saturday...

Spoken like a someone who travels for a living. ;)

I wish...Just pretty familiar with the area being mentioned...between Pittsburgh and the factory...I live pretty close to the factory, and we visit Pittsburgh pretty regularly.
Oh...and I have a pretty hearty apatite!!!!!! :D

I had that run down to a science pretty much. Now I have to make some tweaks. When the Annapolis FD was open, checkout day was a breeze - shoot to the mall to get Cinnabon, cross the street to get ribs, then off to a rest stop just past Breezewood and home. Switching to Frederick made just a little difference, but not enough to be noticeable. Now...

I had that run down to a science pretty much. Now I have to make some tweaks. When the Annapolis FD was open, checkout day was a breeze - shoot to the mall to get Cinnabon, cross the street to get ribs, then off to a rest stop just past Breezewood and home. Switching to Frederick made just a little difference, but not enough to be noticeable. Now...

How you feeling today, Alan? Back to the regular routine soon, I hope?

Back