What a beauty

Yeah, spill!
I don't know much, that is why I need to find out..lol. I was told it was made from the West St. Limited run but there were a couple of extras and mine was one of them. Sapele top, zebra pickups. The neck is fat, no dragon on the body. Tortoise brown type color. One piece top if I am not mistaken. Old School black artist case. Off the top of my head that is all I can remember about it. :)

Fact. Just as an aside, my hang tag says "Westie" for both of the pickups, but when I run the modcat it comes back as 57/08
Modcat in mine also states 57/08 uncovered, but I checked when I pulled them and they had the black and gold sticker stating "West Street".
Maybe the plan was to give them 5708's and during production they decided the unpotted HFS and RP sounded better...? ;)

I don't know much, that is why I need to find out..lol. I was told it was made from the West St. Limited run but there were a couple of extras and mine was one of them. Sapele top, zebra pickups. The neck is fat, no dragon on the body. Tortoise brown type color. One piece top if I am not mistaken. Old School black artist case. Off the top of my head that is all I can remember about it. :)
That sounds legit. Sergio had one of these two. It's next to my Red Westie in this photo.

Hn7N7aj.jpg

Modcat in mine also states 57/08 uncovered, but I checked when I pulled them and they had the black and gold sticker stating "West Street".
Maybe the plan was to give them 5708's and during production they decided the unpotted HFS and RP sounded better...? ;)
Good to know. Or, they really ARE 57/08 with a West St sticker!

That sounds legit. Sergio had one of these two. It's next to my Red Westie in this photo.

Hn7N7aj.jpg
There's just a whole lotta goodness going on in this photo. Can I get am Amen
Hmmmm, uncovered zebra 57/08's. I wouldn't put it past Paul to do something like that, anything is possible :p

Ooh! Very interesting! I’ve seen Westies with one piece Sapele tops but never one without the baby dragon. Very cool, I need pics!

Hn7N7aj.jpg
Mine didn’t have a Sapele top, it was all mahogany. It was from the second run of “not a real westies” (Hans’ words :p) that was done by Eddie’s (IIRC).

I found the West St. pups to be very different from 57/08’s, they’re hot AF!

I was in my Mexican Emo band while I had my second (not a real) West St. and had to radically adjust the input of my envelope filter pedal (which was even placed post compressor) every time I switched to that guitar. They positively smashed the front end of my rig unlike any of my other PRS pickups.

Back