What a beauty

Not sure this one is not sapele as well. Ad states maple quilt, but sure looks like sapele to me.
The birds are different too (hollow style), the pickups are non-zebra, but it is a 1-piece top and in the treble cavity it does state "1 off"
Would like know more about this one, but that price.....

Price is a wee bit high.

x2 a sensible price.

I was talking to the shop manager when I bought my Cu24 about the crazy pricing on Reverb/eBay for a lot of rare high end guitars. He had done some research because he wanted to see if he could look to do business in the far east. He told me that there is a large excess of these type of instruments in Japan and Singapore in particular. The listings we see on reverb are typically posted by people who do not actually own the instrument. They see it advertised locally and then duplicate the listing on Reverb at with a healthy price increase. If someones jumps on the Reverb listing they then go buy the guitar locally and Bob's your Uncle.....

That is a nice looking guitar! Way out of my price range for sure.

Sorry to ask, What's a Westie? Can you explain what is a one off?

Has anyone played the sapele westie? It's pickups aren't the same as the regular Santana from what I can tell, I think the neck is a bit chunkier from what I've heard. I've built a few instruments with mahogany/sapele top and they are delicious tone machines. I'd apprecitate any insight and expereice, I've been looking at Santana's for a while . Thanks folks

Has anyone played the sapele westie? It's pickups aren't the same as the regular Santana from what I can tell, I think the neck is a bit chunkier from what I've heard. I've built a few instruments with mahogany/sapele top and they are delicious tone machines. I'd apprecitate any insight and expereice, I've been looking at Santana's for a while . Thanks folks
The pickups are “West St.” pickups, which are un-potted HFS and an RP.

The necks are bigger, the bodies thicker, and the top carve is deeper than a Santana.

Back