What’s your opinion on using a Private Stock as a main instrument?

HoovHead

I have been obsessed with Private Stock guitars for years and finally pulled the trigger on a new one (NGD Post coming). I purchased it strictly for the purpose of playing it as my main instrument. While I have already made the decision use my PS as a guitar (not art), I was wondering how other owners use their PS guitars.

It's a guitar and its purpose is to help one make music. I think it is a shame when an excellently crafted tool does not get used for their intended purpose. Of course I don't have a PS and if I did I'd be very nervous about taking it out to the local dive bar. My 594 does make occasional appearances at the local dives.

I don't play out, but my PS is my #1. I keep it in the case, so it doesn't always get picked up for everyday play, but when it gets down to time to record, it's almost always the first one I reach for unless I need something else specifically, like the Silver Sky or a 7-string.

Why not?

As long as you can accept any battle scars as part of your journey and memories together and not 'worry' about the financial costs (or losses) then why not?

They are built to be played as a main instrument, whether the customer plays them or puts them on the wall as 'art'. There is no reason NOT to play unless you are buying as an investment or art-piece in which case,the closer to 'As New', unplayed condition the more 'valuable' it could be but otherwise, play it!!!

Back