What’s your most $pendy guitar?

I have some nice, expensive guitars. What’s depressing isn’t what they cost; it’s that by any objective standard, my playing doesn’t reveal a quintillionth of what they can do in the hands of a really good player. So I neither need nor deserve them.

“Les, it ain’t about need, and it ain’t about deserve.”

“What’s it about, then?”

“My guess is one really knows.”

“So basically, we’re talking about the futility of trying to figure out the human condition?”

“Well, as Kierkegaard said, ‘Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.’”

“What’s Kierkegaard have to do with guitar shopping?”

“How should I know?”

“I’ll bet this is the only guitar forum on earth where one can find a discussion of the relationship of Kierkegaard to guitar ownership, though.”

Last edited:
My Collings CL Deluxe was fairly pricey but a bargain for what you get, not as good a bargain as PRS tho' :)

collings-metis-2018.jpg

That is a fine looking guitar. The deluxe versions have the most impressive knobs I've ever seen on a guitar. The rest isn't bad either.

Thanks! I'm a bit of a classical guitar junkie too.... ;-)

The builder is Kenneth Brogger. He builds in Spain but he's from Denmark. The quality of workmanship on this guitar is unlike anything I've seen. You can actually see him building this very guitar, along with another, in this video:

Great upload thanks! Lovely to see a sharp scraper being used so effectively.

I have some nice, expensive guitars. What’s depressing isn’t what they cost; it’s that by any objective standard, my playing doesn’t reveal a quintillionth of what they can do in the hands of a really good player. So I neither need nor deserve them.

“Les, it ain’t about need, and it ain’t about deserve.”

“What’s it about, then?”

“My guess is one really knows.”

“So basically, we’re talking about the futility of trying to figure out the human condition?”

“Well, as Kierkegaard said, ‘Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.’”

“What’s Kierkegaard have to do with guitar shopping?”

“How should I know?”

“I’ll bet this is the only guitar forum on earth where one can find a discussion of the relationship of Kierkegaard to guitar ownership, though.”

Thought this might make you chuckle

Great upload thanks! Lovely to see a sharp scraper being used so effectively.

Thought this might make you chuckle

Heheheh!

I was hoping we’d get to see the Greeks’ new goalie, Diabetes, but evidently he wasn’t ready. It’s kind of a shame about Herpes’ injury.

Probably my custom replica 58 Flying V. Builder had access to a real one and NAILED it.

Does not say *G* on the headstock.
but otherwise dead nuts. Amazing guitar.

Names withheld to protect the innocent.

Ok ok....I WAS wanting to touch the guy that touched the DGT prototype but now I wouldn't touch him with your tortilla.

I can arrange for you to touch the prototype... but now that you brought it up, I want to be touched by a tortilla to make that happen.

I guess this guy. It's not the guitar that I spent the most on, but it is probably one with the most value in my stable.

BYe2yIG.jpg

I’m gonna sell that.

Probably my custom replica 58 Flying V. Builder had access to a real one and NAILED it.

Does not say *G* on the headstock.
but otherwise dead nuts. Amazing guitar.

Names withheld to protect the innocent.

If its the one I'm thinking of I made a HUGE mistake not getting on with a ( T^$rn ) on the headstock

Back