What’s your favorite se?

horax

there are so many, and they differ greatly.

Do you like the signatures? The standards? What do you like and why?

I am very torn between the Santana singlecut and Paul’s guitar...but the Holcomb’s and Robertson’s andnold
School Akessons look great as well.

My Holcomb is very different than the others. Radius, scale, pickups.

I'm digging my heavily tweaked SE Singlecut tho.

Right now, SE Tremonti....., or maybe SE Zach Myers..... we'll see after I get the SE Paul's......., and then the one after that, and..... lol. ???

It’s either the Bernie or the Paul’s...

Wassup, no pictures? Y’all are foruming all lazy an’ sh!t.

I pick my OG flat topped SE “O”, that guitar is so rad, maple, Korina, and ebony.

BOpWtbr.jpg

I want to see the new Santana SCT - 24 frets intrigue me with that body style. Wish I could put 59/09s in it though :)

I love my '17 Santana SE (the DC version with the flame maple veneer). I love the upper fret access (as little as I honestly disturb the dust up there) and the weight distribution... The wide fat neck is a pleasure to play. Still getting used to the trem. It's so touchy!

Of course, it's the only (and first) PRS I own. Not much to compare it to in this <sarcasm>gigantic sample size </sarcasm>. LOL

I've always enjoyed my buddy's SE Soapbar.... But, i don't have enough time playing it to have a real opinion.

Somebody ask for pics? Well, alrighty then!

This Korina SE One, I looked for almost a year for a One in mint condition and it's quickly become my go-to guitar.

The day she came home:
GhaKP6A.jpg

With a new amber shade, pickguard and strap came a new name, Sunny.
cBoi9cC.jpg

These SE Custom Hollowbody Bigsby Limiteds intrigue me, but they're also fairly rare and they seem to sell fast when they do pop up. Sadly, this guitar might be the one that makes me break my cardinal rule about playing before buying. Release the hounds, the hunt is on.

Wpu2VcZ.jpg

Somebody ask for pics? Well, alrighty then!

This Korina SE One, I looked for almost a year for a One in mint condition and it's quickly become my go-to guitar.

The day she came home:
GhaKP6A.jpg

With a new amber shade, pickguard and strap came a new name, Sunny.
cBoi9cC.jpg

These SE Custom Hollowbody Bigsby Limiteds intrigue me, but they're also fairly rare and they seem to sell fast when they do pop up. Sadly, this guitar might be the one that makes me break my cardinal rule about playing before buying. Release the hounds, the hunt is on.

Wpu2VcZ.jpg

That silver SE semi has been on my bucket list forever.

There are a few on the Bay, but they are in Japan. I've seen black sparkle and red sparkle. No silver in my searches so far.

Yeah I've seen a few from Japan, but from what I understand, they're broker listings and they all use the same pics for different listings, so I'm more than a little leery of order from them. I'm in no real hurry though, one will pop up sooner or later and I'm fairly open on color, although black would be my last choice.

I think most signature models SEs are in a different category than regular SEs. Kind of in between an S2 and a regular SE. There seems to be more attention to detail. My favorite would probably be a Bernie Marsden or a Zach Meyers, but that's totally because it aligns better with the style of music I play. I played a few Tremonti that surprised me how good they were. The pickups were hotter pickups, so not my particular brand of vodka, but still very clear and amazingly usable and musical.

Back