What’s your favorite se?

Every SE model brings something different to the table. My S2’s are the first ones off to a gig, followed by my SAS. I’m going to say great, greater, greatest for the various lines. It’s kind of like saying which woman is the most beautiful. The answer should be the one with you.

Every SE model brings something different to the table. My S2’s are the first ones off to a gig, followed by my SAS. I’m going to say great, greater, greatest for the various lines. It’s kind of like saying which woman is the most beautiful. The answer should be the one with you.

Beauty is in the hands of the holder.

That’s why the “blind tests” on YT are interesting.

Cynical me thinks that they’re rigged, but you want to give them benefit of the doubt.

I've posted this before, haven't been around much for a couple of months due to some personal crap. But here I go again. The Green One is my favorite, just because its rare.
K168idL.jpg

Last edited:
I've posted this before, haven't been around much for a couple of moths due to some pesonal crap. But here I go again. The Green One is my favorite, just because its rare.
K168idL.jpg

Man that's a nice collection of Ones. And that green...mmmm.

It worked! Luddites rejoice! Here's my SE Cu24 (Sweetwater Special in Trampas Green): to borrow the phrase, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

I've been drooling over any number of 408's/24-08's as part of my developing case of PRS Mesmerism Syndrome, but I have to be honest that I may never get to a stage in playing that I could ever coax out from a Core anything close to being worthy of one.

8bHvcaQ.jpg

I've posted this before, haven't been around much for a couple of moths due to some pesonal crap. But here I go again. The Green One is my favorite, just because its rare.
K168idL.jpg

Nice stash man! Lemme guess...you told your wife you've had the same guitar for years but couldn't make up your mind on a color. My magic eight ball also tells me, this family photo was taken while she was out doing "mysterious lady stuff"..I like your style dude...I've pondered the same tactic for a couple of years now. :D

Last edited:
It worked! Luddites rejoice! Here's my SE Cu24 (Sweetwater Special in Trampas Green): to borrow the phrase, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

I've been drooling over any number of 408's/24-08's as part of my developing case of PRS Mesmerism Syndrome, but I have to be honest that I may never get to a stage in playing that I could ever coax out from a Core anything close to being worthy of one.

8bHvcaQ.jpg

That top is killer! Great guitar too!

8bHvcaQ.jpg

If you look at the photo upside down, you have a sprite looking back at you above the bridge.

My favourite SE its the Whale Blue Custom 24 hanging on my wall.

Tbh I absolutely would have preferred the Trampas or Spalted variations, but they just weren't available.

As it was mine was the first SE of any type to be brought into the state in months. Couldn't handle waiting any longer on the off chance there'd be more soon.

Ever since I got my black Bernie I've been contemplating getting gold hardware for it, to make it a psuedo Black Beauty. Inspired by tyfu20's post about his Gotoh bridge, I oredered the same in gold as well as tuners, screws, switch, etc. Here's a quick pic of it-

54254900_10219423118633751_7168690331335000064_n.jpg

I'm trying to decide whether to go all in with gold pickups. It currently has EMG 89s in it. New ones will be close to $300 shipped. Or, as I've been gassing for a p90 style guitar I'm thinking I might give a set of GFS Mean 90s a go.

I wound up putting Fishman Fluence pickups in this thing. They're not gold plated but they kick a$$.

I’ve been wondering about the CE guitars. It seems to me that the older run of CEs had a better array of colors available to them. Is there a list anywhere that contains all the finishes that the CEs have had? The CE necks used to be Wide Thin just as most of the SE guitars do now. I played an older CE recently and to me at least, the neck felt thinner than my 2018 Custom 24 SE. Is it all in my head or are the older CE necks thinner?

-k

Back