What’s your favorite se?

Thanks. I just ordered one in gold.

Ever since I got my black Bernie I've been contemplating getting gold hardware for it, to make it a psuedo Black Beauty. Inspired by tyfu20's post about his Gotoh bridge, I oredered the same in gold as well as tuners, screws, switch, etc. Here's a quick pic of it-

54254900_10219423118633751_7168690331335000064_n.jpg

I'm trying to decide whether to go all in with gold pickups. It currently has EMG 89s in it. New ones will be close to $300 shipped. Or, as I've been gassing for a p90 style guitar I'm thinking I might give a set of GFS Mean 90s a go.

Ever since I got my black Bernie I've been contemplating getting gold hardware for it, to make it a psuedo Black Beauty. Inspired by tyfu20's post about his Gotoh bridge, I oredered the same in gold as well as tuners, screws, switch, etc. Here's a quick pic of it-

I'm trying to decide whether to go all in with gold pickups. It currently has EMG 89s in it. New ones will be close to $300 shipped. Or, as I've been gassing for a p90 style guitar I'm thinking I might give a set of GFS Mean 90s a go.
For about $300, you should be able to buy a used soap bar ll...

The SVN is a stupidly great guitar, I'm quite impressed with mine. I also have a Mushok, but that required a couple of parts replacements to get it where I wanted it (pickups & bridge saddles).

My 2018 Custom 24s (I have two) are my favorites. But I’ve been very impressed with lots of different SE models.

If you’re confident enough to do it, you could just swap the covers (less $$$).

Or you could put on light coloured pickup surrounds, which would make the dark covers “pop” a little more. Maybe try that first and see how you feel (even le$$ $$$) :D

Great guitar either way, congrats!

For about $300, you should be able to buy a used soap bar ll...

It would need to be a Singlecut SE245 soapbar, and I sure haven't seen a good one for $300. I know where I can get a brand new one for $479 plus tax, but it's not black. :(

If you’re confident enough to do it, you could just swap the covers (less $$$).

Or you could put on light coloured pickup surrounds, which would make the dark covers “pop” a little more. Maybe try that first and see how you feel (even le$$ $$$) :D

Great guitar either way, congrats!

I don't think I want to tackle trying to swap covers on EMG pickups. :)

It would need to be a Singlecut SE245 soapbar, and I sure haven't seen a good one for $300. I know where I can get a brand new one for $479 plus tax, but it's not black. :(

I don't think I want to tackle trying to swap covers on EMG pickups. :)

Yeah missed the EMG reference! Oops!! Just saw what looked like easy to remove metal covers. My bad!:rolleyes:

Nice guitar!

Now, just put the "img" inside these brackets "[ ]", at the front of your link, then "/img" inside these brackets "[ ]", at the end of your link (don't use parenthesis), to view the pic directly in the post.

IMG_20190201_190820691_zpstaxv6q16.jpg

SE fans that own core models as well is it good vs great or good vs better? Also anyone out there with the SE Paul's Guitar. I've adked this question on a number of threads and still struggling with the decision (but getting closer to it)
Thanks
My vote on the best SE is the hardtail EG with the Bernie a very close second.

SE fans that own core models as well is it good vs great or good vs better? Also anyone out there with the SE Paul's Guitar. I've adked this question on a number of threads and still struggling with the decision (but getting closer to it)
Thanks
My vote on the best SE is the hardtail EG with the Bernie a very close second.

I would say great vs superb. I have both, and the SE are really great/excellent guitars, while the core are a couple of levels above, just superb. :)

Back