Went wireless tonight

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
I had had this little Wireless transmitter system for easily a couple of years without ever putting it to any use. Tonight, at band practice, was the first time I actually put it to a legitimate test. It actually worked out great. I may need to practice with it a few more times before I gig with it outside of rehearsal. And I would still take backup cables. But it was fun to be able to walk around without having to worry about getting tangled up in the cables.

It is a pretty cheap set. Picked it up "drunk ordering" on line a while back. The only thing that would worry me is if there is interference of some type near by, how this inexpensive system would handle that. We practiced for three hours tonight and there was only ONE bar of battery life (out of five) that ticked off. So, it looks like the batteries would last any gig I might have. I may try it at the Christmas Village gigs this year. Then, if I like it, I may upgrade. Start pulling some of that Buddy Guy stuff......lol

315613919_10166974080790331_4149893502747480363_n_by_klbryanphotography_dfhv1x9-fullview.jpg

Wireless rocks for practice/live. Never going back.
It was cool. I had only pulled it out when I got it to test it to make sure that it worked. Not sure why I didn't mess with it since then, even around the house just noodling around. I will have to explore it further.

I got these ones which are UHF and claim 100 ft range (I haven't tested fully.)

For me, having a set that is off the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands was key - that's where all the WiFi is and it's cluttered!
Yeah, i can see that. In church I tried my line6 g10s. Fun, for soind check and practice, but when people started pouring in, i started having drop outs. Plug n play again. But with a cord this time

Back when my previous studio had a recording booth for the amps, I used an analog wireless system from Audio Technica. I did it because I was operating the recording gear and console as I played (was using analog tape and a big analog console), and found tripping over cables pretty stupid.

What a lifesaver that was! Sounded pretty good, too.

I use the Line 6 G90 live and in rehearsal- only time I don't is when recording as I sitting still. I also use the AT Wireless IEM system live so I am completely unencumbered by wires. Been doing it for years and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. The G 90 has a cool feature to scan the room for interference - then you select the cleanest channel. It's also got a cable length feature to give you a slightly different impedance into the amp - I don't know if it does much to the sound, but hey - it's cool. You can also attach 4 antenna including large remote antennas and have a massive range. The stages we play aren't that big so 2 antennas have always been fine.

I use the Line 6 G90
Yeah man...that is WAAAAYYYYY more than what I am playing around with. lol.

Really am JUST messing around with it at this point. If I decide to step it up a notch then I suppose I will be looking to upgrade.

Looked at the reviews on your wireless unit- that's a nice piece of gear. I hope it works well for you.
I have band practice tonight. I may take it with me again and run it through its paces. Been tethered so long, I kind of feel more secure with a wire. But we will see if I can get used to the idea.

I use a cheap carvin wireless when I work on guitars as I like to plug into a rack tuner and use it from a distance to tune up and set up.
The vocalist in our band likes me to hook up my guitar to his vocal harmony pedal....so I use the wireless for that running off of my tuner pedal bypass to his pedal...this eliminates any ground loops that might happen hooking up to different rigs....some venues I can get away using a cable run for this...but not always.

Back