Well this sucks!

celtic757

I was just jamming along with my new PRS Archon 25 and the lead channel went out. There may be some very low sound coming out, barely audible over the strumming of my guitar.

The clean channel sounds normal and when I turn the amp from standby to off, I feel like I hear a pop noise that wasn't there before.

I didn't hear any pop when I was playing. Just strumming the chorus to "one by one" by Alter Bridge and the sound just cut. Volume was at about 9 o'clock on 25 watt mode.

Is this a single tube specific issue? or is this a call into PRS for work to be done?

Any input would be appreciated.

I'd guess it's a failing tube (not that surprising in a new amp of any brand). Tubes have an infant morality rate higher than other electrical equipment. Call the store you got it at and see if they'll cut you a break on a replacement tube.

I'd guess it's a failing tube (not that surprising in a new amp of any brand). Tubes have an infant morality rate higher than other electrical equipment. Call the store you got it at and see if they'll cut you a break on a replacement tube.

+1. Stock tubes can always be a bit inconsistent regardless of brand. I would check them, and hopefully it's as simple as a tube swap.

Thanks guys.

Anyone know which tube is dedicated to the lead channel?

The manual is pretty bare bones and doesn't tell you the pre amp tube positions.

Well it wasn't a preamp tube. PRS sent out replacements and nothing changed. Dropped her off yesterday at my dealer to go in for warranty work. While this is a pain, I appreciate not having to pay for shipping and packing it up myself. Thanks, Shawn.

Hopefully there's a quick fix and I'll get her back in a few weeks. Luckily I've got my mini mark to play through.

Back