Well that's 2 hours of my life...

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
...that I'll never get back.

Curse you, inventor of 'Instant Regret' videos on YouTube.

But, damn, that girl zapping herself with the taser while her grannie just watched TV had me laughing so hard my cheeks still hurt.

What's your latest YouTube rabbit hole?

I've been watching sort of documentaries detailing the rise and subsequent fall of various YouTube "celebrities". Frederick Knudsens series called, aptly, "Down the Rabbit Hole" details a few of these plus other topics such as the Mouse Utopia experiment and Deep Blue, the IBM supercomputer.

These "celebrities" are often people I've never heard of. It is fascinating to see people acquire fame but have either no understanding of how to handle it or are just crappy people that inevitably destroy any good will they get. The story of WingsOfRedemption is a case in point.

Curse you, inventor of 'Instant Regret' videos on YouTube.

But, damn, that girl zapping herself with the taser while her grannie just watched TV had me laughing so hard my cheeks still hurt.

Thanks Hans!!

Nope, I’m already hooked on Instagram/Facebook reels! I’ve really got to get back to practicing guitar.

The top "n" songs of 19nn.

These just seem to have shown up, but more likely they have been here and just now showing up in my "recommended". It's always top 20 or 50 songs. And, because I am also of the '“get offa my lawn” kinda guy"' @bodia , which is not dissimilar to the "back then the music was better kinda guy", the 19nn = 1960's to early 1970's.

And it's only 10 or 15 minutes, right? Ok, just one more. Add another. And thusly becomes a rabbit hole.

Back on remodeling duty (entry done, 90% done on bathroom, then on to the hallway) so DIY and How To videos have been my deep dive lately. The bad thing for a guy like me, who is as bad about buying tools as I am about guitar gear, is that their “the job is a lot easier with this tool” comments have me regularly adding more “gear.” My wife is ok with it; she’s getting her honey-do list done.

There are worse things to stockpile, I tell myself…

You think that's a rabbit hole? Try auditioning speaker/cab IR's for an evening. :rolleyes: You can spend hours with just one speaker type with all the mics and settings they have, and each needs/ requires retweaking your amp settings on your modeler to see if you are getting the best out of it. It's absolutely nuts... and I only have maybe 6-8 Celestion model packs, and a few others.

You think that's a rabbit hole? Try auditioning speaker/cab IR's for an evening. :rolleyes: You can spend hours with just one speaker type with all the mics and settings they have, and each needs/ requires retweaking your amp settings on your modeler to see if you are getting the best out of it. It's absolutely nuts... and I only have maybe 6-8 Celestion model packs, and a few others.
I've sunk as many hours into cab impulses as Skyrim I think. I have no life.

5 hour interview???? HOLY CRAP!

That's a page out of the Kevin Smith book!

One night, flipping channels, I happened to catch "An Evening With Kevin Smith" right at the beginning. I knew nothing about it, but I like Kevin, so I left it on. It's compiled from Q&A appearances. The first woman asks a question, and the answer begins. After a while, I started thinking, "Damn, this is a long answer." (Needless to say if you're familiar w/Kevin, but he goes off track a few times.) I finally checked the time - almost 45 minutes in. And he wasn't done! My first thought was they're going to have trouble getting more than two questions in, so I checked the running time - almost four hours! The dude really loves to talk! And there are four volumes of these out there (I think things got a bit more succinct as time went on).

Back