Well, Selling my 25th Anniversary SAS NF3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbright44

I'm not sure what happened here guys. I bought this guitar 2 years or so ago and loved it. Been playing it almost exclusively ever since. And lately, every time I pick it up, I just find myself putting it back down and reaching for my Les Paul. You ever have that happen to you before?

I hate to get rid of it from an emotional standpoint because it's a beauty and it's so unique but I'm so pragmatic when it comes to guitars... If it doesn't get played, it goes. Thinking about maybe one of those new G&L Doheney's or maybe a 408 or a used Brent Mason.... Decisions decisions...

Pic Added for those who requested

image-20160929_114944.jpg

jULKdbkaDRfE5Bej1

Last edited:
They are such different guitars that I wouldn’t be too quick to move the SAS. You could easily just be in the mind set for that Les Paul sound.
I frequently ignore some guitars for a while and pick them up when the sound in my head shifts. It’s really nice to have something different enough that you really notice.
Plus SAS and NF are a great combination.

I have yet to play a Narrow Field pickup and Ive heard nothing but great thing it sound to me like you are digging the full humbucker sound at the moment before you let it go try the tone knob you will be surprised :)

Please post a pic

They are such different guitars that I wouldn’t be too quick to move the SAS. You could easily just be in the mind set for that Les Paul sound.
I frequently ignore some guitars for a while and pick them up when the sound in my head shifts. It’s really nice to have something different enough that you really notice.
Plus SAS and NF are a great combination.

I'm in this school of thought. I'd wait it out.

OK, this big spender will go $603. Top that if you dare, Mr. I-am- not-worthy-of blue guitars! The gauntlet has been thrown down!

I bowed out because I convinced myself it was blue, and someone else should end up with it! :D That's what he would get for bidding blind!

I’ve had this happen where guitars I previously loved sound meh to me. I find it’s usually related to my mood/stress or a cold (ears not hearing things as vividly). Sometimes I just need to hear a different sound (guitar or amp) for a few weeks. Or it’s time to change strings! :)

I’d definitely keep it, unless you have serious gas for something else.

Need I remind you of a certain hollowbody spruce?! If you were in love with it at some point...give it time. FYI, I have a Brent Mason you can strum around on! :)

Need I remind you of a certain hollowbody spruce?! If you were in love with it at some point...give it time. FYI, I have a Brent Mason you can strum around on! :)

I had a feeling you might see this..... :) I didn't know you had a Brent Mason. HOOK IT UP!

All I can say is "What goes around, comes around". I have found that my tone tastes seem to rotate / change every so often, which means playing a different guitar. For a while I was really into all things single coil. Now I am back to narrowfields. Who knows what is next, but my guess is humbuckers. Some of what happens depends on what kind of music I am leaning, and / or playing ATM (at least I think so??)

If you don't have to sell, I think I would keep the guitar (especially since they aren't making these any more). You may fall back in love with the guitar down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back