Well poop - tonight's gig cancelled

Bummer. Are you getting weather up there that interfered with it?

I lived the majority of my life in Ohio. I know how the weather can change quickly.

Bummer. Are you getting weather up there that interfered with it?

I lived the majority of my life in Ohio. I know how the weather can change quickly.

I don't think it should've been cancelled, but our other guitarist was worried about the roads since it's apparently pretty well out in the country - it's cold and cloudy and we've had some flurries, but I probably wouldn't have cancelled. That said, I'm one vote out of 3 so since the percussionist agreed with Mark, I'm good with the decision - they've both been out there before, I haven't.

I don't think it should've been cancelled, but our other guitarist was worried about the roads since it's apparently pretty well out in the country - it's cold and cloudy and we've had some flurries, but I probably wouldn't have cancelled. That said, I'm one vote out of 3 so since the percussionist agreed with Mark, I'm good with the decision - they've both been out there before, I haven't.
I remember plenty of late night drives in hazardous conditions for gigs up there. Every gig was around an hour drive for me. I lived in an area where there was nothing close that hired bands often. I have been a witness to a number of accidents during these times as well and have stuck around to fill out police reports for those. Some of them were crazy. Thankfully nobody was ever seriously hurt with the ones I witnessed.

I remember a few gigs where they made us stop playing early because the ice was getting really bad and they wanted us to be able to get home. I really don't miss those days. It is probably better to be cautious. I live where it never snows or gets down to freezing temps and there are a lot of places that hire bands within 30 minutes of my house. Moving here was definitely a boost to my gigging life. Hopefully now that you are involved with these guys, there will be plenty of gigs ahead of you.

I remember plenty of late night drives in hazardous conditions for gigs up there. Every gig was around an hour drive for me. I lived in an area where there was nothing close that hired bands often. I have been a witness to a number of accidents during these times as well and have stuck around to fill out police reports for those. Some of them were crazy. Thankfully nobody was ever seriously hurt with the ones I witnessed.

I remember a few gigs where they made us stop playing early because the ice was getting really bad and they wanted us to be able to get home. I really don't miss those days. It is probably better to be cautious. I live where it never snows or gets down to freezing temps and there are a lot of places that hire bands within 30 minutes of my house. Moving here was definitely a boost to my gigging life. Hopefully now that you are involved with these guys, there will be plenty of gigs ahead of you.

Got one next Saturday, so yeah, I'm not seeing a shortage of gigs ahead.

What the??? o_O It's almost no chance of precipitation after 4:00 today, and very light if anything until then. And, it's above freezing until about 2:00 AM tonight... there is no bad weather here. I drove the Camaro today,which I never do if there is snow, or even a lot of rain...

Bummer that your gig got cancelled! :(

(Edit: for those keeping score at home, Aahzz is only a few miles from me so we share the prevailing weather)

Last edited by a moderator:
No judgement on the players, I don‘t know them, but I don’t play with people who cancel gigs. Often the first cancellation is the last call you’ll get, especially if it’s not an emergency causing the no-show.

I hope that turns out not to be the case for your new venture! I know you’re excited about the possibilities. You are clearly ready to roll!

Last edited:
What the??? o_O It's almost no chance of precipitation after 4:00 today, and very light if anything until then. And, it's above freezing until about 2:00 AM tonight... there is no bad weather here. I drove the Camaro today,which I never do if there is snow, or even a lot of rain...

Bummer that your gig got cancelled! :(

(Edit: for those keeping score at home, Aahzz is only a few miles from me so we share the prevailing weather)

That was pretty much my take on it....

Back