Well it took awhile but, NGD

NomadMike

I ordered a S2 McCarty 594 in Burnt Amber right before the Covids shut things down and settled in for a long wait, but I've had it now for a few months and love it.

It's in the neighborhood of my Les Paul with 57 Classics but a lot more comfortable to play and so has taken the spot on the wall where I can reach it easily from my desk. I wasn't sure about the neck profile and scale but after a few days I really came to enjoy it. The Les Paul still sounds a tad clearer to me, likely the pickups, but like I said the S2 is just a lot more comfortable to play. With that said I'm really enjoying the sounds I can get out of the guitar and they did a great job on a really nice single coil sound, so nice I keep the neck pickup in single coil mode most of the time as it sound great by itself but with the bridge pickup gives a nice chime.

Only problem: what I hope is just a dirty volume pot. Came from the factory scratchy and I've shot it with dust remover which fixed most of it and I'm hoping with a little more rolling it back and forth goes away.
I'm a little concerned because my 2014 S2 Mira's volume control died and the blade switch would sometimes work sometimes not (likely just some bad luck). I just bought a new Mira pick guard and installed regular PRS electronics on it along with some Seymour Duncan pick ups, dropped it in and everything has been good since.

Well that's all, just glad PRS still makes some nice guitars at a good price point.

Last edited:
Congrats! Post up some pics when you get a chance...

Pots are strange things, no two are exactly alike, and they tend to fail at unpredictable times. I'd have PRS replace the pot. It's under warranty and is covered.

Pots are strange things, no two are exactly alike, and they tend to fail at unpredictable times. I'd have PRS replace the pot. It's under warranty and is covered.

I thought about it but do I have to send it back or is it done local?

Back