Well...I thought I was done! New one incoming.

mapleleaf14

Well, I really thought I was done for awhile, but I have a new PRS on the way...should be here Thursday. But, I really gotta sell something now to offset the cost...maybe my P24 Limited? Jeez, this is hard...PRSi are so dang good you just don't want to let any of them go. Problem is I don't really have anything else I can sell...I've ditched my other guitars to go PRS exclusive!

Anyway, I have a Hollowbody II on the way...Makena Blue. I've never had a PRS Hollowbody, but I've had a few Gibson ES-335's, a Gibson Midtown Custom, a Gibson Chris Cornell Signature, and a few cheaper Epiphones, and I've liked the sound of a lot of them (the Cornell especially), but I've always gotten rid of them after awhile...maybe cuz they weren't PRSi!

Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by selecting this new one...maybe you HB owners out there can give me some advice, words of encouragement, etc. so I don't get buyer's remorse!!

I tend to play mostly rock and blues...think along the lines of Rush, Kiss, Cream, VH, Bonamassa, ZZ Top, you get the picture. I wouldn't imagine the HB not working for any of that...Emil seems fine with them!

I'll have to try and dig up some stuff to sell so I don't feel bad about buying this new one! No way the Paul's Guitar is going anywhere, the Stripped 58 just rocks too hard to sell, the Swamp Ash Special was my first and sounds too sweet to me for what I'd be able to get out of it, the new 408 is starting to become my favorite...that leaves the P24 which I don't really want to move either, but it's almost the odd man out, what with the new HB having a piezo too.

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and sleep in the bed I've made for myself!

What say you other Hollowbody owners...any comments to make me feel better?!?

You have lots of solid body sounds covered. But the HBII will give you another electric guitar sound, and cover the bases for piezo.

And your P24 is odd man out - whatever the reason, even if you can't quite put your finger on it, you're not losing anything by moving it and getting something you can relate to more. Well, except however much you lose between what you paid and what you get for it, anyway.

Happy NGD to come!

You're gonna live the HB!

What pups are in the P24? 53/10s? If so, you CAN'T sell that!

Glad I could help. :)

Yeah, the P24 has 53/10's in it. Great color too - Vintage Smokeburst. It would be hard to sell, but like I said - something is going to have to go.

Vintage Smokeburst, one of my favorite PRS colors! I have a 2012 P22 with 53/10's in the same color, sadly for sale to cover the Artist Tremonti that's soon to be in my stable. The HBII II is sweet, you will love the tone you can get mixing the piezo w/ the neck pup.

image_zpscd9ba9c2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

One of my concerns is the feel of the HBII. Very light. Solid body guitars have a certain feel that I guess more than anything else comes from the weight.

Most hollowbody guitars I've had have had a feeling of cheapness for lack of a better word, but I know that's not the case (especially with PRS). Maybe I shouldn't use the word cheapness, but I don't know how to express the feeling in words...flimsy, delicate, etc. Like I could break it if I don't treat it with kid gloves, you know what I mean?!?

Other HB owners - did you ever experience that and if so, how'd you get over it?

I'm excited to get the guitar tomorrow - it's a color that I've liked for awhile. The top isn't the best looking top I've ever seen for sure, but I got a deal on the guitar which helped me get over it not being a 10-top type top. (I'd say it's more like a 5-top! LOL)

It doesn't feel as solid or substancial due to the lower weight. But once you start playing it that feeling passes. I do tend to play mine when I feel more mellow, it's definately not going to inspire you to write any hardcore metal. But if you're into the blues or classic/southern rock it's the way to go.

Back