Well, I done f***** up......

A booty shot while I am waiting [impatiently] for it to get here.

xg4hxcy1jo5zcqkyeulg.jpg

Some lovely figuring in that neck!

Some lovely figuring in that neck!
I was thinking that myself, though, the pic is from a distance so I was going to just wait and see when it arrives. Tracking number was already sent to me but I jumped the gun and checked it and of course it is too early for it to be in the system......lol......typical of me.

I was thinking that myself, though, the pic is from a distance so I was going to just wait and see when it arrives. Tracking number was already sent to me but I jumped the gun and checked it and of course it is too early for it to be in the system......lol......typical of me.

The more you check it, the faster the shipping people work. It's science, but I don't have any data to support it :D

Don't you dare swap out the original rotary knob on that very sweet guitar!:mad: All true enthusiasts know that set up provides the best tones, and the knob itself is just plain cooler, both aesthetically and functionally (well, with a little practice), than any toggle or blade. :)

Don't you dare swap out the original rotary knob on that very sweet guitar!:mad: All true enthusiasts know that set up provides the best tones, and the knob itself is just plain cooler, both aesthetically and functionally (well, with a little practice), than any toggle or blade. :)
I've had both options. Never got used to the rotary. To me it is kind of like taking something tried and true and overengineering it. It does have some good points. But, ease of use [for me] isn't one of them.

You are right about the keeping things as close to stock as possible though. I am usually that guy, even when there are things that can be done to "upgrade" a guitar.

I've had both options. Never got used to the rotary. To me it is kind of like taking something tried and true and overengineering it. It does have some good points. But, ease of use [for me] isn't one of them.

You are right about the keeping things as close to stock as possible though. I am usually that guy, even when there are things that can be done to "upgrade" a guitar.

There was a video where Paul showed how easy the rotary was to use and get used to. I've never been able to switch positions that fast and that confidently. I still like the rotary option, but in the heat of the moment, I like the 3-way toggle the best.

Congrats on the new guitar! The regret will last until about the first time you play it.

My thinking is that the rotary was designed to enhance the beautiful look of the guitars, since everything matches, creating a cleaner, more consistent design than a 5 way blade or a toggle. Looks lovely!

And it certainly functions just fine for lots of folks.

For many others, it’s not the most ergonomic choice, hence the changeover to the 5-way blade, or 3-way toggle with pull-up knobs, or multiple toggles on certain models.

I had a bunch of the rotary models, but prefer the ergonomics of the toggle or blade. The rotary does look slick, though!

My thinking is that the rotary was designed to enhance the beautiful look of the guitars, since everything matches, creating a cleaner, more consistent design than a 5 way blade or a toggle. Looks lovely!

And it certainly functions just fine for lots of folks.

For many others, it’s not the most ergonomic choice, hence the changeover to the 5-way blade, or 3-way toggle with pull-up knobs, or multiple toggles on certain models.

I had a bunch of the rotary models, but prefer the ergonomics of the toggle or blade. The rotary does look slick, though!

In a word - Ditto

How about trying a chicken head knob on the rotary before removing it? I have them on 2 guitars.

Back