Weird pots

Amadeu

Hello everyone.
So I decided to join the PRS family, and bought myself a PRS Tremonti SE Standard, and the pots are like this (Image).
Is this normal or should I send it to warranty?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
l8qcn5

Since I cant upload any links I decided to put the image I wanted to put as my avatar

Looks ok to me.

Congrats on your first, and welcome to the Forum!

but its like they are a bit far if you look at the down left know you dont see the pot at all but in the other ones you see the pot, and u see more and more

its just the knobs look wierd @bodia
btw thanks, I already want to buy the american version

@Ovibos its the knobs, the down left knob u barely see the pot and on the other ones u can see the pots

Would those happen to be the push-pull tone knobs, which are different pots than the the volumes?

Clearly at least one tilts oddly.

As long as the pots work smoothly, you can always adjust or replace the knobs.

Also you can pull the knobs and see if the shafts are bent.

If those are push/pull or push/push knobs, they might be in the 'up' position?

If not, then you can adjust the height of the pots from inside the control cavity:
  1. Remove the knobs and nuts on the outside of the body
  2. Pull the pots gently from the control cavity side
  3. Adjust the nuts on the shaft until the proper amount of threads and shaft are sticking up above the body
  4. Reinstall the nuts, washers and knobs on the outside
Fiddly, but not terribly difficult.

What does look off to me is the trem/bridge - possibly too much spring tension pulling the bridge back/down. I should float parallel to the guitar body.

Other than the knob that’s not level, the other three look a similar distance from the body, the strings make the one in the extreme left look closer to the body.

The one that is not level has most likely been removed and replaced incorrectly. Also it they are “after-market” knobs they may be imperial fit into SE pots that are metric, if my memory serves me correctly.

Good luck sorting it.

put a pipe cleaner or shoe lace beneath them and pull up to remove. Its just a press fit back on and the thing they go on is a spline that can be (carefully) closed or opened a little with a pair of pliers / flat head screw driver

The knobs appearing a bit high is something I noticed on my 2017 SE Custom 22. I think this may have been a change
to the SE line in the past as my 2012 SE Singlecut doesn't look that way:

IMG_2713.JPG

This SE 2017 doesn't have pull-push pots either:

img_2714.jpg

And there is ~1mm difference in how far the pots protrude:

img_2715.jpg

(~10.9mm)

img_2716.jpg

...the knobs look identical 2012 <> 2017.

Sooo I went to the guitar store and they say its totally normal, the guitar store employee said his gibson looks exactly like that too, welp its okay I guess. as long the guitar works its ok for me. it has warranty aswell

Back