Weird oscillating noise

I had something like that from pickup ring screw springs, foam under pickups stopped it

Had time to try out a regular tube amp from my buddy and its sounds much better, no more weird warbly noise and the distortion overall sounds much better (less excess harmonic noises). For whatever reason I must be having a problem with my amp sim or audio interface that's making it sound like garbage, will save troubleshooting that for another day. Anyways thanks for the suggestions everyone, just glad nothing was wrong with the guitar itself.

Recently got a used custom 22 and noticed a strange oscillating hum noise coming from the lower strings when they ring out. I play through overloud th3 on my computer but I tried another guitar and could not reproduce the sound so I'm pretty sure its not the audio interface/studio monitors/cable. The hum noise is only noticeable when a note rings out and happens with both pickups although maybe more so with the bridge. Any ideas what could be causing this oscillating hum?
Hello, I also got the custom 24 and I'm noticing on all of the c notes throughout the fret of the guitar, I'm also experiencing the same ringing sound, however even without an amp. I'm not sure if I need to chnage the position of the neck but, the wiring shouldn't be bad because it was new since yesterday

Sometimes a damaged string will do that.
Otherwise, I’d suspect sympathetic vibration as previously suggested.

I bought an Ibanez with active pickups and I experienced a very similar sound not too long ago. For me, as suggested, it was that the pickups were too close to the strings on the 6 and 5 strings. Not only did I get oscillation, but the sustain was unreal. I backed the pickup off a little and it all went away. I didn't have to move it much. So much for the Sweetwater 55 point inspection. :mad:

It could be that your modeler is just more sensitive than the amp in translating it to your ears. I hope you get it figured out!

Back