Weed Day

This might be a good thread for what I consider a funny story. Long, long ago, one of the bands I played with did a 50th Anniversary New Years Eve Bash in a hockey arena. I forget if there were a thousand guests, or a thousand couples, but it was well attended.

The event was catered by two local restaurants, neither of which was nearly big enough to manage that much food. The next day, most attendees were sick, but none of the band, most of whom were outside ‘loosening up’ during breaks.

Just got back from CO and had an amazing time at the dispensaries there. Ready for my home state to do the same. Maybe one day they will get their heads out of their asses and make it happen.

Heading to SF for work in two weeks and will be checking out my options there as well. I love being able to ditch my bp and sleep meds after years of poisoning my body.

This might be a good thread for what I consider a funny story. Long, long ago, one of the bands I played with did a 50th Anniversary New Years Eve Bash in a hockey arena. I forget if there were a thousand guests, or a thousand couples, but it was well attended.

The event was catered by two local restaurants, neither of which was nearly big enough to manage that much food. The next day, most attendees were sick, but none of the band, most of whom were outside ‘loosening up’ during breaks.

I feel ya ! I haven't "loosened up" because it wasn't worth risking my job and future retirement... I may loosen up occasionally post retirement...

The law in Ca is basically the same as for alcohol. Over 21, no smoking in public areas and if driving seems impaired may get a dui. They now have a cannabis breathalizer or similar but not in full use yet. I imagine in the future there will be public clubs/bars that get approval but the same rules apply as for cigarettes. Nothing here really seems to have changed in public behavior vs pre approval. It all just was REEFER MADNESS that H Hoover wanted to use for controlling the masses!

I wondered about that too. But I think we can all agree that there is a long intertwined history of cannabis and musicians. Whether I approve or disapprove of cannabis, and even though it is technically a taboo political subject, it seems extremely unlikely that any large group of musicians on a Web forum would get in an uproar over that subject.

The only musician (and former PRS artist) I can recall ever openly speaking out against the reefer is Ted Nugent. Heck, sometimes all it takes to set off a political argument is to merely invoke Uncle Ted's name. So I suppose as long as we don't talk about Ted Nugent, we can probably keep talking about the relationship between musicians and weed all day long. ;)

Imagine all the songs and art that were created while the people were smoking. It is well documented that cannabis is a positive influence in spurring the that part of the brain especially of those predisposed with the ability to make music or create art, etc. I wonder how many songs we may never have had from Hendrix, Beatles, Stones, Clapton, Doobies, Doors, Rush and the list will go on and on. How about Warhol, Dali and so many others. Maybe there is a reason cannabis exists in nature.

I feel ya ! I haven't "loosened up" because it wasn't worth risking my job and future retirement... I may loosen up occasionally post retirement...

Yep. I had a chance to partake on the bus of a band that I love and it would have made for a hell of a first-timer story. That band is no more for legal reasons, so I fear I missed my best chance at a great story.

FWIW, Kevin Smith says smoking weed probably helped save his life when he had his heart attack.

Imagine all the songs and art that were created while the people were smoking. It is well documented that cannabis is a positive influence in spurring the that part of the brain especially of those predisposed with the ability to make music or create art, etc. I wonder how many songs we may never have had from Hendrix, Beatles, Stones, Clapton, Doobies, Doors, Rush and the list will go on and on. How about Warhol, Dali and so many others. Maybe there is a reason cannabis exists in nature.
Agreed on it being a positive thing. I think big pharma is just scared of it and they have the money to fight it being legal.

Yea but how many times do people forget their parts or lyrics while performing under the influence of stuff?
Also, I certainly wouldn't want a surgeon working me who is no longer stoned but is like, "I know I came in here to do something, but what the heck was it? Oh yeah, HANGER18 needed some surgery. Cool, man."

Yea but how many times do people forget their parts or lyrics while performing under the influence of stuff?
Also, I certainly wouldn't want a surgeon working me who is no longer stoned but is like, "I know I came in here to do something, but what the heck was it? Oh yeah, HANGER18 needed some surgery. Cool, man."

I think you'd probably be surprised by the percentage of people that do partake and lead highly productive lives. Just like not all drinkers are alcoholics, not everyone that partake is a burnout.

Just like going to work I would not consider it professional to do a show for 20000 at the Forum after smoking. The folks I know that perform at this level absolutely don't use anything before stage. After is always different. Again, use responsibly if that is your choice.

everyone is different, and has different needs before a stadium appearance, that’s why there’s iced m&ms and hot egg rolls on the rider.

I've seen what medical, sorry I refuse to call it weed, marijuana can do for those that are sick and I personally think it's criminal to deny access to those that would benefit most from using it. My Dad lived in a state without access and as he was dying of Pacreatic Cancer, we were fortunate enough to have a kind soul that kept him supplied with medical brownies. Did it extend his life? I can't say for sure. All I do know is that his appetite was better and that improved his quality of life until the cancer finally took him. Techincally, we were all criminals for doing what we did, but to me it just didn't make sense from a humanitarian point of view. I and my Mom have no regrets and would do it again to help someone else if needed.

Now that I have that off my chest, who's up for a Timmy's run?

Back