Weed Day

Maybe I should start investing in Canadian jazz clubs which offer free chicken & waffles to the band after the show. ;)

ts-actually-a-model-of-the-prison-on-robben-island-3390367.png

Don't hold your breath (no pun intended) waiting for that to happen. There is already a lawful product here in the USA which rightfully ought to have its own PSA's, but there aren't any. Private funding is already available so the government doesn't have to spend a single taxpayer dollar but you will never see any PSA's here on that subject for the same reason. The opposition to that lawful product will not allow allow public service announcements on the big three TV networks, or in schools (or even the PBS) regarding responsible ownership, safety, training solely because they want people to do stupid stuff, just so they can make an argument against the product. I expect that the opposition to cannabis will be just the same and based on the lies our government and special interest groups have been telling us for years.

Point taken...your absolutely correct. It's one of those "that's too easy, it'll never work" scenarios...I was high when I wrote that...Naaaa, just kiddding, ya know because it's illegalo_O

At this point, I have very little faith in the powers that be...or society as a whole, if I'm honest. There are just too many personally driven agendas. I really don't think the Feds will ever legalize/ decriminalize cannabis in my lifetime. Especially, as long as the decision is left up to each individual state to define what they deem to be the appropriate guidelines/regulation. If the feds don't decriminalize it for the entire country, it just won't stick. I mean, being from Alabama doesn't give me the warm fuzzies when it comes to cannabis debate...hell these idiots won't even allow the lottery! So everyone that wants to play just drives to Georgia, Tennesee or Florida to buy tickets...then they drive back home on the broken down highways with their grossly uneducated offspring in the back seat licking the windows, and attempting to eat the school supplies that mom and dad had to purchase, because the Alabama Public School System can't afford supplies or qualified educators!! Ya know because the state has no additional income from legalized gambling or cannabis. Whew! Climbing off the soapbox now.

The older I get, the more I realize that "common sense" is very uncommon. However, ignorance and/or stupidity are available in bulk!

Dammit. The Harvard Heart Letter says risk of stroke and heart attack go up after smokin’ pot if you have heart disease.

So WTF. I already don’t have any fun, and now there’s one more reason everyone else will have more fun than me.

“It’s hard to have a good time usin’ pot if you’re dead, Les.”

“Might be a good way to go, though. Just sayin’.”

I'm from Texas where at one time, a seed in possession would get you 10-15 yrs. in Huntsville. When I moved to Hawaii, I was astounded by the leniency of the authorities here. It took me about 6 months to find "that guy", way over in Waianae on the west coast. If you know Hawaii, even a short 15 mile trip seems to be an eternity on the road as the locals have made it out to be, "erthing is long way". My adult son and I unwisely go, buy, start back, clean and sober, and with it stored in the ash tray, but the aroma of the raw and manicured stuff was overpowering in the car. I see the lights, my heart sinks, I've just scored a tremendous job, home, etc. I see it slipping away as the big ole Hawaiian officer comes up to my side. "Brah, tail light wen go out", Oh, ok, I'll get that fixed as soon as I get back home. "eh, you holdin in dis one cah"..Uh, yes officer. "You no smoke em hea, right?" No, of course not officer! Well, you stay goin back home and no let me catch you hea one time again".. Thank you officer. We drove away, let go of our held breath, chuckled and realized that they don't really care. After that, I've never really worried cause I stay at home with it in the first place. Now, they come to me....;-)

I live in Ca. I have not seen a crime increase, people jumping off bridges, kids quitting school or any other noticeable negative changes since cannabis went totally recreational legal almost a year ago now. However the interest in it for more medical uses and studies have increased tremendously. Also, any products stores had in stock after July had to be qualified by govt.approved testing labs to ensure pesticide, mold free products. They have not touted the amount yet that the state has taken in for its tax share but it has to be tremendous. So far seems to have been a smooth running win win for all, business, patients, recreational smokers and the government. The police here have really now been focusing on serious crime, like following up on catching murderers, robbers and rapists.

So, I’m wondering.... when you buy it all legal like and all, do you still use the old terms we used when it was from the local guy, like “nickel bag, dime bag, quarter, O-Z, finger” etc.”. Or do you have to use more official terms like whatever the “prescription” bottle says?

So, I’m wondering.... when you buy it all legal like and all, do you still use the old terms we used when it was from the local guy, like “nickel bag, dime bag, quarter, O-Z, finger” etc.”. Or do you have to use more official terms like whatever the “prescription” bottle says?
It is sold in child proof packaging w labels showing lab results and pre weighed by the gram. Usually eighth ounce, quarter etc. They have come way out of the stone ages and it is handled very professionally.

It is sold in child proof packaging w labels showing lab results and pre weighed by the gram. Usually eighth ounce, quarter etc. They have come way out of the stone ages and it is handled very professionally.
Wouldn’t that take all of the fun out of it? Or, well, some of the fun. :)

I pretty sure it's priced and sold by the gram these days. Trust me the quality is exponentially better than the doobage of our youth.

Apparently, while we were waiting to be thawed from the last ice age...the wiz kids figured out how to "fine tune" the sh!t outta the stuff! What we thought was killer stuff then, couldn't even compare with what today would be considered midgrade shwag at the very best!

I only have one problem with the whole movement. It's this name thing? As a vintage fella, I have often wondered why they make the names of the different strains, sound more like an incurable desese than a legitimate medicinal plant. With names like AK47, Amnesia, Black Widow, etc. Wouldn't it be more socially accepted if the names were a bit I less terrifying at least to the "anti-everything" reefer madness types? Just thinking out loud....

Oh and from what I've "heard" there is a label on the container pretty much just like any other script. Aren't these fascinating times we live in? Who woulda thunk it?

So its legal to talk about cannabis here. That's cool. Can we post pics or is that going too far?
Yeah, it’s cool. We’re all doctors and lawyers here. No cops.

That I know of.

We just legalized recreational cannabis here; medical users have had legal access since the early 00’s I believe.

It’ll be an interesting industry to watch grow here, literally. I know quite a few people involved in startups to produce cannabis here.

Even more who are doing some investing in the various companies popping up on the TSX.

Whether your buying prescription cannabis or recreational, it all comes from the same producers; there are some taxation nuances, of course.

Either way is still quite a bit less expensive than what I found in SF earlier this year.

I’m curious to see if BC Cannabis retains its’ reputation in this new era.

So its legal to talk about cannabis here.

I wondered about that too. But I think we can all agree that there is a long intertwined history of cannabis and musicians. Whether I approve or disapprove of cannabis, and even though it is technically a taboo political subject, it seems extremely unlikely that any large group of musicians on a Web forum would get in an uproar over that subject.

The only musician (and former PRS artist) I can recall ever openly speaking out against the reefer is Ted Nugent. Heck, sometimes all it takes to set off a political argument is to merely invoke Uncle Ted's name. So I suppose as long as we don't talk about Ted Nugent, we can probably keep talking about the relationship between musicians and weed all day long. ;)

Back