Wearing shorts on stage: rock and roll, or no?

Wearing shorts on stage: rock and roll, or no?

• it's not rock and roll (unless you're Angus)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • who cares? it's hawt!

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • split the difference and wear kilts

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
Cheech in a tutu.

up3.JPG

Lets not forget Robert from Metallica.
You gotta do what you need to stay cool.
I wear cargo shorts 100% of the time when I get home from work, and I wear them at work from about May to October.

trujillo.jpg

Robert_TrujilloM.jpg

I think it depends on the person; some can get away with wearing shorts and some can't. I have what may very well be the ugliest body on the planet. I'm not built for shorts, and thankfully I'm smart enough to realize that fact. So for the common good, long pants only for me.

Goldtop, who also avoids mesh tops

Last edited:
Not even a gold mesh top? :)
Hey, how are you my friend?

I'd dig one maybe as a mere keepsake - say from Lita Ford or Stevie Nicks, etc. - but not as my own clothing. If I wore such a thing out in public, a cop would show up in about two minutes!

Goldtop

I wear jeans, but only because I keep a blower running and pointed at me the whole time! Otherwise it would be shorts.

I definitely can't wear shorts, one of my friends tells me "the last time I saw something like those they were dangling from a sparrows nest!!"

Some can. Others should not! My chauvinism definitely showing here. Sorry, deal with it. And I don't care what Eric Clapton wore - he didn't look good doing it. But his playing covered a lot......

Not even a gold mesh top? :)

... If I wore such a thing out in public, a cop would show up in about two minutes!

Goldtop

Dudes! If we're talkin' about getting matching gold mesh tops to show off our moobs.. I'm totally in.

From the examples in this so far, I'm thinking only Angus, Dimebag, Bill, and Markie should(ve) be allowed to wear shorts on stage.

That's the worst lookin' pair of shorts I ever saw... You buy shorts like that I bet you get a free bowl of soup.

Back