Wearing shorts on stage: rock and roll, or no?

Wearing shorts on stage: rock and roll, or no?

• it's not rock and roll (unless you're Angus)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • who cares? it's hawt!

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • split the difference and wear kilts

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

watelessness

We have a show next week and the forecast portends of high heat and humidity in a club that is warm to begin with. If we wear shorts on stage do we lose our rock-and-roll cred?

Dimebag Darrell wore camo shorts on stage. I'm fine with that.

Trust me, you'll live if you wear jeans. Keep plenty of water available.

We let our drummer get away with shorts, but he's hidden behind the kit, so who cares?

Yeh, shorts are 100% rock and roll, will you argue with Angus??:rock:

There was no 'YES' option so I voted with pics.

Gym shorts, camo shorts, and track suit pants for me.

*jeans only when I play the metal \m/ like in my avatar pic*

Lenny Kravitz and Kilts FTW

6a00d8345461d469e2011570de8487970c-800wi

Wear whatever you want. If they only care about your appearance and aren't listening to your music, they aren't worth having as a fan anyways. My 2 cents. Good luck at your gig!

1] How do you look naked ? (I don't care, just be honest with your self...)
2] Who cares? Just rock a speedo, plus chaps if your legs are nasty....

:eek:

You could be onstage in the middle of winter in Phoenix and still sweat your a$$ off. Around here, wear as little as possible unless you're looking for heatstroke.

Well, being is I have some serious chicken legs I could never consider it, but Angus & Dimebag aren't the only ones to rock the short pants thing. (*To varying degrees of success)

Augie who?

Bob whattup with the Daisy Dukes man?

OK I can't rip the late Jerry too much, he was already an old fart at this point

Even the late great BB did.

Last edited:
I agree.....I always wear cargo shorts. Plus who say there's rules to what we do anyway? If there are rules I don't feel bad breaking them.

Yes. I agree. That is the sum of it, no rules. It is all about the Rock n Roll. Rock on Ted Nugent! There is a pic of him in shorts and no shirt somewhere. Cant find it at the moment.

You're the one up there in the heat doing a job, might as well do it as comfortably as you can...

although to be truly rock and roll, you'll need to kilt it up!!

Back