We lost Taylor Hawkins

Damn, this hits hard. Like so many others, I first noticed him with Alanis Morissette. He really stood out in her band, and I remember the disappointment when he left for Foo Fighters. I can't say I was ever a big Foo Fighters fan, but I did like several of their projects and I've been getting into them a little more. It really seemed more like a bunch of guys who were friends instead of one of the biggest bands in the world. His temperament and attitude seemed perfect for them - someone who took his job seriously but never forgot to have fun while doing it, and that joy was evident. And I'll always remember his part in Rush's induction ceremony at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Heard only that he passed, about an hour ago. nothing about what happened. WTH happened??? :(

That is crazy! I guess George Harrison said it best..."When your numbers oop, its oop!"

Rest easy Taylor.

Police report saying it might be drug related, Such a cool guy and amazing drummer...

One of rock's premier drummers - chops right up there with Baker, Moon, Bonham, etc. And that infectious smile always on his face! Must have been a privilege to just be around him.

Damn, this hits hard. Like so many others, I first noticed him with Alanis Morissette. He really stood out in her band, and I remember the disappointment when he left for Foo Fighters. I can't say I was ever a big Foo Fighters fan, but I did like several of their projects and I've been getting into them a little more. It really seemed more like a bunch of guys who were friends instead of one of the biggest bands in the world. His temperament and attitude seemed perfect for them - someone who took his job seriously but never forgot to have fun while doing it, and that joy was evident. And I'll always remember his part in Rush's induction ceremony at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
I rewatched a couple of videos of him playing live with Alanis today. God DAMN the whole band was absolutely smoking. Amazing to think how that album was such a pop culture phenomenon 25 years ago. She was absolutely baring her soul out there and her band was massively tight. Then, sadly, I go and see what's #1 this week and think to myself, "can these people even play live without everything being a backing track?"

Back