WE GOT TO REHEARSE!

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Indeed. My singer's father owns a paving and light construction company. Said we could use the shop/garage at night to practice in after they close. Huge garage doors front and back. 20ft high ceilings. We are able to set up in a diamond configuration and are getting a good 8 or 9 feet of space between us. Masked up. BUT, we are playing music! Our bass player couldn't make it tonight as his dad went to the hospital with chest pains. But apparently, we now have a place to play where we can adequately distance. I wasn't as bad as I thought I was going to be. But now the motivation is high to put in more time on the fiddle at home.

118889090_10164138012985331_4035049717435883649_o.jpg

We haven't played together, in person, since late February! The rust was evident, but it was more or less still there. A couple of more of those and we should be feeling it again. :D

Same here (the late February thing). We are still too afraid to get together!

Our normal practice space (an old Friary) is still on heavy restrictions. Doesn’t help that people keep going on holiday to Mediterranean and bringing back the virus!

Nice one KB, good to see you’re playing music.

Man, I haven't played live in a really long while.
We were also considering setting up outdoors. There is enough yard space at a couple of houses that we could spread out and set up. But the shop is privately owned and on an industrial type complex so there are no neighbors to disturb. We went this route. It was certainly fun.

Note to self: I should build a studio big enough to fit an entire band.
Lol....if we were at my place, there would be nothing even close to social distancing....lol We would be bumping into each other.

Lol....if we were at my place, there would be nothing even close to social distancing....lol We would be bumping into each other.

Which reminds me.... That band "Clutch" is from Maryland. Why aren't they playing any McCarty 594's?

That’s great! We actually have reasonable separation and distance. We’ve had a few full band rehearsals here and there. Not gigging so we get together in smaller groups of 3 to work on writing.
Which reminds me.... That band "Clutch" is from Maryland. Why aren't they playing any McCarty 594's?
Last tour I saw them on a couple years back with Primus, he was playing his charcoal 245 the whole show! I was pumped!

GqchPu6.jpg

Yeah! I got to play with some other fellas this last weekend myself.... and I just happened to bring my SE Santana!

It felt good to get back to playing. My playing was a little outta shape, but man, my voice got torn up! (Mighta been the wildfire smoke everywhere as much as not having sung seriously in months and months)

Luckily we are doing a similar thing over the pond in a warehouse, no gigs since February has sucked big time ☹️

The “Rule of 6” (no more than 6 people from two households) has put pay to any chance of a rehearsal in Scotland!

Back