We are NOT Customer Service

+1,000,000
Well said Hans.

No, it’s pretty straightforward.
Well, as an occasional visitor I haven’t seen anything that would warrant posting such a tirade, and if I was a new visitor I think it would put me off posting (which I know would appeal greatly to a number of people on here who view this site as their own personal social club).

Well, as an occasional visitor I haven’t seen anything that would warrant posting such a tirade, and if I was a new visitor I think it would put me off posting (which I know would appeal greatly to a number of people on here who view this site as their own personal social club).

Tirade??? If you had hung here for any time, you'd know that A) this is overdue! and B) there are only a few people that can properly pull it off, and Hans is definitely one!

There are too many of us here who will do anything within the scope of our knowledge to help someone. And that DOES go for newbies, although the amount of people that have the most basic of problems and come here complaining, rather than just call their dealer and have him help them find out it's a bad tube, is disappointing. Yet we still help, all we can. And it's not the helping over and over, that is the issue. It's that there are now tons of people who think that the first thing to do if you have any kind of issue is start complaining online... when those comments start to take an often common bashing approach "I thought PRS was a premium brand and I wouldn't pay this money for an amp that has an issue out of the box" and those type things, we SHOULD bring out the pitchforks. There are more than a few guys here that will, from direct experience, tell of times that PRS went above and beyond to fix a problem. So what Hans said is really simple; Ask the dealer first, then PRS if necessary. Don't come here with the issue first. This is not tech support. It's not Customer Service. And if you really want to get good footing here, don't come here complaining first. And even if it's not a combative type post, coming here and saying you have a problem should never by your first, or second, move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pitchforks and jello molds. That’s my kind of party if they are…wait for it…perfect pitchforks. :oops:

Besides, who doesn’t like jello? Throw some “gummies” in there to settle people the hell down. Guitars are happy things. I like being happy here. Thanks Hans!

Tirade??? If you had hung here for any time, you'd know that A) this is overdue! and B) there are only a few people that can properly pull it off, and Hans is definitely one!

There are too many of us here who will do anything within the scope of our knowledge to help someone. And that DOES go for newbies, although the amount of people that have the most basic of problems and come here complaining, rather than just call their dealer and have him help them find out it's a bad tube, is disappointing. Yet we still help, all we can. And it's not the helping over and over, that is the issue. It's that there are now tons of people who think that the first thing to do if you have any kind of issue is start complaining online... when those comments start to take an often common bashing approach "I thought PRS was a premium brand and I wouldn't pay this money for an amp that has an issue out of the box" and those type things, we SHOULD bring out the pitchforks. There are more than a few guys here that will, from direct experience, tell of times that PRS went above and beyond to fix a problem. So what Hans said is really simple; Ask the dealer first, then PRS if necessary. Don't come here with the issue first. This is not tech support. It's not Customer Service. And if you really want to get good footing here, don't come here complaining first. And even if it's not a combative type post, coming here and saying you have a problem should never by your first, or second, move.

Well said!!

So what Hans said is really simple; Ask the dealer first, then PRS if necessary. Don't come here with the issue first. This is not tech support. It's not Customer Service. And if you really want to get good footing here, don't come here complaining first. And even if it's not a combative type post, coming here and saying you have a problem should never by your first, or second, move.

I don't have an issue w/someone reaching out here first - it may be a simple fix, the dealer may be closed, it may be a weekend and the company is closed, whatever. A simple "hey, this is what's happening, what should I do?" isn't a problem. It's the posts that come in ranting, "I just ordered a PRS that was shipped from Maryland to my dealer in California, then to me in Maine, and the finish isn't as shiny as it looked online, how can a 'premium' brand like PRS allow something like this to happen" that are going to get met with less than friendly responses.

I agree with Hans & Alan. I think we're all up for helping someone out, but when you start posting/bitching about things/problems BEFORE you try & get it resolved thru the correct channels, that's where you start to sound whiny.

I don't have an issue w/someone reaching out here first - it may be a simple fix, the dealer may be closed, it may be a weekend and the company is closed, whatever. A simple "hey, this is what's happening, what should I do?" isn't a problem. It's the posts that come in ranting, "I just ordered a PRS that was shipped from Maryland to my dealer in California, then to me in Maine, and the finish isn't as shiny as it looked online, how can a 'premium' brand like PRS allow something like this to happen" that are going to get met with less than friendly responses.

Agreed.

As I said in my OP, if you're new here and you only signed-up to gather a virtual mob to try and get your SE upgraded to a core model for all your pain and suffering, don't expect a warm welcome.

If the shoe fits...

Back