Washington Navy Yard Tragedy

Rosewoodsteel

I am very saddened by the tragic events which took place at the Washington Navy Yard today.
That I worked there for a few years, makes this seem strangely personal to me, even though I was safely at my current job, a few miles to the south.
God bless the families of those poor souls that lost their lives or were injured in this senseless tragedy.

-Very sad.

I'm in DC this week and was flying in yesterday and from Chicago on that's all that's been talked about.

2004 - Alexis shoots out the tires of another person's vehicle.
2010 - Alexis arrested in Ft. Worth for discharging a firearm in a residential area after an argument.
2011 - Alexis gets general discharge from the Navy for a "pattern of misbehavior."
2013 - Alexis STILL has clearance to a secure government facility????

It's like VATech and so many other shootings all over again. A Person is identified as unstable and then left to just continue interacting with others.

My heart goes out to the victims - it could easily been any one of us.

This is such a horrible tradegy for the families of those so senselessly murdered! Very Very SAD!!

This was an awful tragedy. I had to take care of my nephew yesterday and today because his father is in the FBI and he's been working nonstop since yesterday morning.

Back