Was NF3 - will be a 5909 Special or something like that

Rider1260

So this project now is really taking shape :)
Awhile back as part of a trade I snagged a NF3 without the electronics, along with the guitar I got a pair of 59/09s so with a bit of help I am building my mash up of a SAS , BM , 408

Here is the guitar, I did not get the electronics

Love the maple neck and the Trans Black is cooler in person with grain peeking thru on the black.

Heres the template for the pick guard based on the BM, I could not find one to trace so we drew this a few times to get it to look right.

PRS Vintage Rail pickup for the center position ( Keeping it all PRS but different from my 513 )

I could not decide on the pick guard so I got two ( plastic is still one it is a quilted looking black )

This one is more like the NF3 guard but I went with a tan center to match the neck.
I am still undecided at this point ;/

A bit of wood will have to go to make it all fit.
It would be easier to just carve out the whole center but I wanted to leave as much wood as possible.
after the shielding paint it should look great even on the inside, the hardest part is saving the Mod Cat sticker as it was painted over

And now how to wire it 3 ideas so far including adding elements of the 531 wiring.

Last edited:
AWESOME project. Can't wait to see how this turns out, and what it sounds like!

Back