Warranty and country of purchase

Michael Scott

Hey folks

I’m in Canada and looking at buying a PRS from the US, Europe or Japan. It would be a brand new guitar from an authorized dealer.

If I was to need warranty service, do I have to send it back to the country/store where I purchased from? Or could I get service at one of my local PRS authorized service centers?

Cheers

Hey folks

I’m in Canada and looking at buying a PRS from the US, Europe or Japan. It would be a brand new guitar from an authorized dealer.

If I was to need warranty service, do I have to send it back to the country/store where I purchased from? Or could I get service at one of my local PRS authorized service centers?

Cheers
I’d guess if were something non structural simple things, any authorized dealer could help. If it were a bigger thing like finish issues it’s going back to the factory anyway. Probably a question you should ask PRS customer service about. I don’t think I’d worry too much about it if I found THE guitar I was after. Probably just make sure the store has a trial period with a good return policy in case there was an issue right out of the gate.

I’d guess if were something non structural simple things, any authorized dealer could help. If it were a bigger thing like finish issues it’s going back to the factory anyway. Probably a question you should ask PRS customer service about. I don’t think I’d worry too much about it if I found THE guitar I was after. Probably just make sure the store has a trial period with a good return policy in case there was an issue right out of the gate.
Completely agree

Hey folks

Cheers
Thanks for the info

I don't know about PRS guitars, or Canada, but I know way back when I worked at a high end A.V. store in the mid 90s we had a ton of foreign customers from South America (I'm in Miami, Fl.) They would buy stuff here because it was substantially less expensive than in their home countries (plus we had better selection) but they would also almost always buy the extended warrantee because they all said that the manufacturer warrantees were not valid in their home countries. It was one of the biggest selling points for the extended warrantees. I'd email PRS support for clarification before you pull the trigger. That said, PRS's warrantee department is probably their smallest area because their stuff never needs warrantee work.

Back