WARNING! Never go to a PRS EVENT!

vox801

... so I went to a PRS Event in DC put on by Chuck Levin's last night. PRS and Mike Ault. Small venue called the White Room. Of course they had their best samples on display for sale. PRS and Mike Ault playing in a living room sized space. And right in front of me, while they played was a beautiful Experience Custom 24 with a violet/pink shimmering curly maple 10 top, with an ebony fretboard and original birds. I'm thinking, between the excellent guitar playing, Carlos and Paul (2 of Chuck Levin's salesman), and the subliminal messages coming through the amps. The pressure was too much, the deal too good.... I caved. Pics will be forthcoming tomorrow when I have some good light. Paul was very entertaining, Mike Ault gave me his phone and asked me to take pics of them. All and all a great evening, and their evil plan to get people to buy their instruments worked.... i am weak. :(

I think I subliminally told myself I was too tired or that I couldn't get there in time and so on because I thought i might actually buy something. My wallet is still recovering from the Experience event this year where a new guitar did come home with me after all the schmoozing we got at the signature club private event.

If it`s the one I think it is, we were all doomed before we entered the room. It was just a question of who caved first. You win!

Congrats... You were a goner as soon as you stepped through those doors
Picture of your big mistake please :D

Also.... I apologize...it's not a 10 top, didn't mean to mislead. I still think it's cool. Pics don't really catch the shimmering effect.

Last edited:
Back