"War Wounds on a Baby".......

Brian Meader

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
So here at The Guitar Sanctuary we do a lot with "Aged/Relic" guitars, and while we know they aren't everyone's cup of tea ( PRSH deemed it that we are "putting war wounds on a baby"......), we know that some folks really like them.

While we wouldn't ever Relic a pretty maple topped PRS, we aren't against doing it to a goldtop or all mahogany model.

Presenting an "Aged" 408 Standard in Antique White:

Serial Number: 13 198330
Color: Antique White
Body Wood: Mahogany
Finish: V12
Number of Frets: 22
Scale Length: 25"
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
Neck Shape: Pattern
Fretboard Inlay: Birds
Bridge: PRS Tremolo
Tuners: PRS Phase III
Truss Rod Cover : "408"
Hardware Type: Hybrid
Treble Pickup: 408 Treble
Bass Pickup: 408 Bass
Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control with 3-Way Blade Pickup Switch and Two Mini-Toggles

It's gotta EARN that...

That is my point too. You wanna hack up your expensive guitar, go ahead, it's yours, you can do what you want. And also, there is nothing wrong with the honest scars and wear from years of play. But those scars need to be earned. It's like some next Bieber trying to make it as a blues man. If he doesn't earn it, he ain't gonna be worth much. Same with this guitar. The scars didn't happen paying dues, and they ain't worth much.

I never understood this. It reminds me of my daughter wanting me to buy her jeans worn out with holes for more $ than a regular pair.

Probably not the place to discuss the various opinions on relicing a PRS (it's been discussed before). Like them or not, this is a great base for a relic and has been done really well.

If you don't dig it, move on.

If you want to discuss relics on new guitars and tell everyone how "it just doesn't look right", great. Knock yourself out. Start a new thread and get after it.

But to come on a guy's sale thread and crap all over it is something I never expected to see from our members.

smiley-angry002.gif

I've looked at a couple of these relics in the store and thought they were very well done. My tastes are usually towards prestine, but I could see picking up one of these and/or a gold DGT. For reasons unknown, I only like the look on white or gold.

I've looked at a couple of these relics in the store and thought they were very well done. My tastes are usually towards prestine, but I could see picking up one of these and/or a gold DGT. For reasons unknown, I only like the look on white or gold.

Same.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;82870 said:
If you don't dig it, move on.

If you want to discuss relics on new guitars and tell everyone how "it just doesn't look right", great. Knock yourself out. Start a new thread and get after it.

But to come on a guy's sale thread and crap all over it is something I never expected to see from our members.

View attachment 180

Agreed.....totally classless.....but doesn't surprise me either. I guess some were just raised with better table manners.

Back