wanted: S2 McCarty 594 Thinline in translucent colors like TV yellow or honey

presence

The S2 McCarty 594 Thinline is a stroke of genius! I hope PRS sells a ton of them!

I was thinking about getting a used custom shop SG when I found the Thinline as an alternative. At 1/2 the price for a gorgeous, great-sounding, well-made, well-balanced, well-set up guitar, it's a no-brainer.

I'm looking forward to seeing some special runs of the Thinline. I'd gladly pay a little more for some nice upgrades.

I'd love to see more translucent colors, especially TV yellow or PRS' Honey! Also, cream binding and abalone or mother-of-pearl birds or moons would be cool.

Also, when is PRS going to start replacing the vintage tuners on its guitars with vintage locking tuners? Once things start opening up and the supply of vintage locking tuners is more plentiful? Hopefully!

Anyway, the Thinline is a great move PRS!

Last edited:
Look up Hiend Guitar (place in Indonesia that has really nice PRS) on Instagram they just posted a Walnut color Thinline 594 that looks sick. One thing I would love to see in general is to change up the white birds on the S2 and CE, I wonder if even white outline birds would look better. I really dig the maple board Silver Sky with black outline birds. I get why they do it, but even the SE have nicer looking birds. Fauxbalone would be fine to me.

Look up Hiend Guitar (place in Indonesia that has really nice PRS) on Instagram they just posted a Walnut color Thinline 594 that looks sick. One thing I would love to see in general is to change up the white birds on the S2 and CE, I wonder if even white outline birds would look better. I really dig the maple board Silver Sky with black outline birds. I get why they do it, but even the SE have nicer looking birds. Fauxbalone would be fine to me.

Hiend Guitar is great! They’ve got such a great selection of stuff. Bought my Suhr from them because they actually gave me such a great deal.

Yeah I've seen that walnut one on reverb, it looks nice!

Totally agree, it would be nice to see something else in place of the white birds. The abalone ones on the SE's look great.

Why are all of hiend guitars PRS listings on reverb listed in “poor” condition. o_O

Don't know, but not cool. They are possibly gutting the hardware and electronics and putting cheap knockoffs in their place. Something is not right. You know the old saying, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

Why are all of hiend guitars PRS listings on reverb listed in “poor” condition. o_O

That is truly weird. The guitars look like they're new and in fine condition. I wonder if an employee was posting a big batch of them and just left a checkbox botched somewhere.

I’m thinking about ordering a special run of 4 thinlines and trying to decide on a finish still. TV yellow would be really rad! I think I’m gonna end up going with something satin. I’m very partial to pearl or grandma Hannon Pink pearl or maybe a burst that combines the two? Hmmm

Back