Want to see where I live?

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
It's a cool place. I'm near the Utah border in Colorado in a little farming and artists community called Paonia. Lots of peaches, organic produce, and some world class wine comes from around here. Some very talented musicians too and we have free concerts in the city park (one block away) all summer.

This is Crawford and Needle Rock, about 20 minutes from where I live. Needle Rock is a plug from a long dormant volcano! All but the plug has eroded away.

We're also not far from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.

Last edited:
It's a cool place. I'm near the Utah border in Colorado in a little farming and artists community called Paonia. Lots of peaches, organic produce, and some world class wine comes from around here. Some very talented musicians too and we have free concerts in the park one block away all summer.

This is Crawford and Needle Rock, about 20 minutes from where I live. Needle Rock is a plug from a long dormant volcano! All but the plug has eroded away.

We're also not far from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.

Gunnison is amazing, hunted some ducks back in 2015 around those places! Those days I'm more about deer(even traded my shotguns for hunting rifles https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/rifles/ at this point sadly).
I walk 20 minutes - still concrete everywhere. You walk 20 minutes - literally National Park tier view o_O

Last edited:
I walk 20 minutes - still concrete everywhere. You walk 20 minutes - literally National Park tier view o_O
Although I grew up in the Motor City in the 50's and 60's, but I'd go crazy living in a big city with no natural beauty now!

There's less than 1500 people in my small town.

It's kind of like Mayberry with pot shops. :)

But I spent the first 25 years of my life living and gigging in Detroit.

Quite a different place.

I've been in Colorado now for almost 50 years.

Last edited:
Hey Lew. I'm a Michigan resident who also gigged all over town in the '70's and early 80's.

Went on a camping trip to Colorado around '73 and one of my stops was at the Black Canyon. Magnificent!

Aslo saw the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde and the Garden of the Gods. Beautiful state!

Hey Lew. I'm a Michigan resident who also gigged all over town in the '70's and early 80's.

Went on a camping trip to Colorado around '73 and one of my stops was at the Black Canyon. Magnificent!

Aslo saw the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde and the Garden of the Gods. Beautiful state!

I grew up around Warren Ave and Outer Drive. West sider.

Back to Colorado, we have cliff dwellings and ancient rock art right near our home.

They've found artifacts that are 10,000 years old.

I keep my dogs out of the ruins but we hike there several times a week.

Back