Want to know more about my guitar

Was the Artist package around in '97?? Killer top with Gold is perfect match...and the birds do seem different...is it the picture???
You are all so knowledgeable and I appreciate the help! If I were to decide to sell the guitar where are some good places to do so?

You are all so knowledgeable and I appreciate the help! If I were to decide to sell the guitar where are some good places to do so?

Reverb is probably the best place, if you're willing to take some good pics, and list it. Then box it up (or find a box if you don't have one) and ship it. I've had good luck with Reverb, and the fees are reasonable.

Having said that, if you don't want to do it yourself, see if you can find a good dealer that will sell it on consignment. They're probably going to take 20%, but that's better than the 50% you'll get for it if you take it to Guitar Center to sell. Not sure where you are located, but there are great PRS Dealers all over the country.

Here's a link to PRS Dealers. The Signature Dealers are the ones that will be most willing to help (because of the volume of PRS they move, not because they are "better" than anyone else).

https://www.prsguitars.com/dealers/

Open yourself a reverb.com account. Look up what custom 22's are going for from that date range and list it accordingly.
Good advice, and...

I personally wouldn't buy a guitar like that from someone on a new account with no feedback.

But someone might.

Reverb is probably the best place, if you're willing to take some good pics, and list it. Then box it up (or find a box if you don't have one) and ship it. I've had good luck with Reverb, and the fees are reasonable.

Having said that, if you don't want to do it yourself, see if you can find a good dealer that will sell it on consignment. They're probably going to take 20%, but that's better than the 50% you'll get for it if you take it to Guitar Center to sell. Not sure where you are located, but there are great PRS Dealers all over the country.

Here's a link to PRS Dealers. The Signature Dealers are the ones that will be most willing to help (because of the volume of PRS they move, not because they are "better" than anyone else).

https://www.prsguitars.com/dealers/
Thanks for the advice!

:mad:Shuttup you guys with the Reverb stuff... .... we're trying to recruit another guitar player into the fold.;)

Don't sell it!!! Keep it!! You owe it to yourself, your benefactor, and the rest of the world to take the time to learn how to play that thing and become the guitar god that you're destined to be.:D

Find this forum's classifieds.
Consignment at local dealer.
Reverb.

Be very careful packing it for shipment. Reverb has a packing for shipment page, some youtube videos. Broken headstocks are common on angled headstock guitars like Gibson and sometimes PRS core models like this due to neck construction techniques.

Find this forum's classifieds.
Consignment at local dealer.
Reverb.

Be very careful packing it for shipment. Reverb has a packing for shipment page, some youtube videos. Broken headstocks are common on angled headstock guitars like Gibson and sometimes PRS core models like this due to neck construction techniques.

No buying and sell on this forum :(

Was the Artist package around in '97?? Killer top with Gold is perfect match...and the birds do seem different...is it the picture???
I think it was but this is not an artist package guitar. They were not marked with a 10 on the headstock. It just has the gold hardware option. Love the emerald green!

It looks to be in very good condition. Paul's signature is a little worn but I don't see any major scratches or dings. If you email the serial number to the PRS Customer Service Center, they may be able to tell you a lot more about the guitar.
like what?

Back