Want to buy first PRS, who wants to help?

It’s new and a more traditional amber burst kind of color. I may see if he’d extend that offer to a new order so I can get that charcoal blue burst. But I do like the more traditional colors as well. The one I like has the 85/15 pups and they sound amazing. There wasn’t anything I wanted that I couldn’t get, including a nice single coil sound.

That’s a nice guitar but that paint scheme isn’t really my cup of tea. It’s fun to look at but I wouldn’t want to ALWAYS look at it.

yes the 85/15's are extremely good as well, if you like those absolutely recommended sweet tones, go for it, I probably logged 10 hours on those pickups, very enjoyable.
So you do have your eye on a very specific guitar, at a decent price. good.
sounds like the only thing left is the color, the color truly inspires me to pick up the guitar, I've had some dark colored ones, that just fade into the shadows and they sit there for weeks without being picked up, the bright colorful ones get picked up and examined and then played. That's the beauty of PRS they seem to appreciate that concept, look and color are meaningful to at least 70% of the players. the sheer attractiveness of the guitar, makes you pick it up, then the sweet tones come pouring out.
It sounds to me like you deserve a blue one, I would consider a few extra days and a few extra dollars get it spot on perfect.
that's the one color I have yet to get and I have a strong desire to get it, Green has been my number one, I think I've had about 10 green guitars.
but playing the blues on a blue guitar, just always seems epic to me. note to self, must get a blue guitar!:cool:
Inspiration
AJHrd53.jpg

yes the 85/15's are extremely good as well, if you like those absolutely recommended sweet tones, go for it, I probably logged 10 hours on those pickups, very enjoyable.
So you do have your eye on a very specific guitar, at a decent price. good.
sounds like the only thing left is the color, the color truly inspires me to pick up the guitar, I've had some dark colored ones, that just fade into the shadows and they sit there for weeks without being picked up, the bright colorful ones get picked up and examined and then played. That's the beauty of PRS they seem to appreciate that concept, look and color are meaningful to at least 70% of the players. the sheer attractiveness of the guitar, makes you pick it up, then the sweet tones come pouring out.
It sounds to me like you deserve a blue one, I would consider a few extra days and a few extra dollars get it spot on perfect.
that's the one color I have yet to get and I have a strong desire to get it, Green has been my number one, I think I've had about 10 green guitars.
but playing the blues on a blue guitar, just always seems epic to me. note to self, must get a blue guitar!:cool:
Inspiration
AJHrd53.jpg
Thanks, man. My Strat is blue and I’d love to get that charcoal blue burst CE-24. But I’m just excited to get a PRS. I’ve had GAS for one for about a year now. I just can’t understand why I didn’t get one before?! I really like the Trampas green as well. That’s a killer top you’ve got there!!

Good day. I think you made the right choice on the CE. I had an SE Santana which I liked but the shorter scale length didn't suit me so I sold it and found myself in the same situation you are in. I tired out some new SE's at my local Guitar Center and though they were nice. But I kind of wanted a US built model. So I tried out a nice S2 in whale blue and I liked the split coils and locking tuners but overall it didn't really feel much different to me than the SE guitars.

I made the decision to get another new SE - and then for fun I tried out a beautiful CE in Trampas Green they had hanging on the wall - although it was out of my price range. That was it. I made the decision right then I had to get the CE. Everything about it seemed to blow away both SE and S2 models. The neck felt so much nicer, the maple top was simply stunning and the 85/15 pickups sounded superb.

So I put my credit card down on the guitar at full retail price to hold it. But later that day I saw a used 2016 CE 24 pop up on the GC sites in the same color in excellent condition so I ordered it immediately. I had to wait about 7 painful day for it to come in but now that I have it, it is by far the best electric guitar i've owned. You won't regret it!

Back