Want some soapbars back

Really want to see some soapbar pickups come back to the USA line. The S2 McCarthy thin line is practically begging for them.
Wrong neck size though. Soapbars with a big neck and an all mahogany body is the S2 for me. I keep asking, but it doesn’t happen.

They have them periodically. There was a McCarty Soapbar in 2017; I have one from late that year. Had one of the CU22 Soapbars until 8 years ago.

There are several dealers who still have them, according to Google.

I wish they would have soapbars for the SE line too. Seems like a missed opportunity. Epiphone has a number of models now with them.

22 years ago PRS made the one just for me. Was kind of them.
GzOa0wS.jpg

I am also disappointed that there are no soapbar models available at the moment. Would love to have a Mira with soapbars.

I know there are people who have taken other S2 models and altered them, but I have never been a big fan customizing.

Has anyone tried a bare knuckles hsp90 in a 594? They are supposed to sound just like the soap bars bkp makes. I’m thinking the blue note or Mississippi queen would work well.

There are probably some of the 594 Soapbar Limiteds out there still. They're fantastic guitars!

I'm a DC guy. The SC body just doesn't quite look right to my eyes. It maybe an uncanny valley type of thing. You know, it's so close to a shape I am very familiar with but just slightly different enough to throw me off. But lately I've kinda been jonesin' for a SC594 with P90s in a gold top. And I think a gold top is the only color option I'm interested in a SC.

Of course I've also kinda been jonesin' for a semi-hollow and a baritone.

Last edited:
There are McCarty Soapbars out there that are a great value on the used market. This one is all mahogany with a translucent blue finish and a rosewood neck. It sustains an absurdly long time.

ekZDi44h.jpg

oPWO9hZh.jpg

IgqOhrFh.jpg
Nice! Love that RW neck.

Back