Wanna see how SEs are made?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Those Chapman is touring the World Music Instrument factory in South Korea for his new line of guitars, you can see several PRS SEs being made and in line waiting for finishing.
So all of these other brands are made right along side the SE guitars too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to watch it again, thanks.
Would have been cool if Rob could have shown more of the process though.
I do like the bass he is having made, his bass player in their band Dorje is using one.

Wasn't it PRS though that helped WMI with their quality control? If so think of how many brands benefitted from that.

Love this stuff. Very cool to see where your stuff is made for some reason, and nice to see the amount of personal attention the instruments get while being manufactured. I remember one of Chapman's videos from a while back when he was starting his guitar line and he stated pretty emphatically that he was using WMI because he considered them to be one of the very best guitar manufacturers in the World.

He has a newer 17 minute video part two posted yesterday of how they carve the bodies and attach the veneer tops.
The video is just how they do his, but I am sure it applies to the SEs too.
Worth checking it out.

Cool video. It looks like they make a ton of instruments there. I didn't realize the James Hetfield Iron Cross was made in Korea. Here's part two:

Very cool. I could see myself getting a ghost fret, just for a change of pace. One of the few irregular shapes I like. Only problem is I'm too busy buying SE's and S2's!

No factory stuff here, but Rob and his GF are out seeing the culture.
There are some F bombs dropped as per Chapper style.
Def winter time there right now.

Chappers In Korea - Part one

Robs final video from Christmas day.
I enjoyed once again seeing the South Korean culture, and also how they run their escalators there.
Yes, I said escalators :D
We have all used them, and besides elevators at my work, we have a set of escalators in the main lobby just to go up to the 2nd floor.
This is the first time I have heard of escalators that power down by themselves when not being used.
Approach it, and a sensor turns the power back on so you can go up or down, very cool and smart.
This can save an awful lot of money.

Rob shows more detail on how his guitars are built, and this can also be applied to the way our SEs are built.
All the workers there work on several brands throughout the day.

Near the end of the video Rob goes into detail on the working conditions at World Music Instrument company, and also on the owner of WMI (who is also a musician and guitarist), and Rob states quite clearly that the working conditions there are quite better than in some places in the UK.
This has really given me an insight into how much pride and effort go into the making of the SE line and other brands there at WMI.

If I were ever to get to South Korea one day, I would very much enjoy a tour there too.

Chappers In Korea - Part Two

Those Chapman is touring the World Music Instrument factory in South Korea for his new line of guitars, you can see several PRS SEs being made and in line waiting for finishing.
So all of these other brands are made right along side the SE guitars too.

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing

You guy's are welcome.
Rob released another video today as he flying home, but I will not post it.
Does not really show any PRS in it, as it focuses primarily on his new ghost fret Explorer shaped guitar he will be selling soon.

One cool thing in the video though is they are playing that song in the background that is the intro song to all of the vids that Rob does with Lee Anderton.
This time it is the whole song, and I wonder if it is his girlfriend Natasha who is singing?
Very cool to hear the whole song this time.
If it is a Dorje song, I will have to buy Rob's album when it comes out.

OK, did some digging, and it is not Rob's band, but his GF band, although Rob plays in it, and she sings.
You will recognize the first riff being the intro to the vids Rob does with Lee for the Andertons reviews.

RedTower - Afterall Official Music Video (Shot on iPhone)

Great series of videos,I can see why PRS went with World for their SE models.The quality and attention to detail are evident.My first PRS was a SE Singlecut Korina,and I love that guitar.It got me into the brand,and I later acquired a S2 Custom 24 and a 408MT.The SE proved to me what a solid value it truly is.As a hobby player but genuine enthusiast,it is all I really need.
I wish Rob all of the best with his new guitar line.I always have enjoyed the Andertons video reviews.When I was researching the Blackstar HT Series of valve amps,those videos were very informative in learning more about that particular line.
Very witty and a great player,really shows you what the equipment is capable of.Happy New Year To All!!

Last edited:
Back