Wall Hanging Guitars

I use Hercules hangers and hang up to 4 in the living room at a time while my other guitars are put to bed although I rotate them when I want.
It makes for great wall art and when I get asked the same old chestnut " How do you play all of them" I jump in quick and reply
" One at a time and very badly"!!!:D

I plan to hang this week. I was going to place on studs only. Anyone hanging on drywall with anchors? What type of anchors?

I plan to hang this week. I was going to place on studs only. Anyone hanging on drywall with anchors? What type of anchors?
In drywall I use butterfly anchors. They are metal and include the screw. Drill the hole, insert the anchor and screw in the screw to expand the anchor wings. Take out the screw and use it to mount whatever.

Downside is that those anchors will never come out, so you can’t change your mind.

E26-CB40-D-5-A09-4612-B703-EEFF858-B24-B8.png

I hung mine on drywall with toggle bolts and those winged nuts that you push through a hole that you drill. I also just hung a pipe railing on the stairwell wall using larger toggle bolts.

50855040-1343-4-B38-A78-B-D28537-F682-DF.jpg

For those of you wanting to have the peace of mind of being into a stud, but not be tied to their location, I got this idea from a buddy who did the same:

Attach the horizontal runner to studs and then mount your hangers to it.

Hanging for years and never had a problem!

Do you really think that’s a large enough sample size to be sure?

For those of you wanting to have the peace of mind of being into a stud, but not be tied to their location, I got this idea from a buddy who did the same:

Attach the horizontal runner to studs and then mount your hangers to it.

Less screw holes in the wall and better weight distribution.

I've got my SE and my Jackson hangin out on hercules wall stands as well. I've only now hung them up, but I used to use regular stands all the time which became an increasing hazard with 3 kids roaming around, plus we don't have that much space.

I haven't had any issues with regular stands so if you mount your hanger properly, there shouldn't be any problems.

Plus, if you play your guitar often, then keeping it in a case only starts to become an inconvenience, doesn't it ;)

Very nice. Is the sound foam for aesthetics only or does it make a noticeable difference?

Thanks!
Cumulatively, the foam helps a lot in what would otherwise be a very live room. I removed a couple of larger foam panels, both to make room for hanging the guitars and because they were sagging with age. This room is used for tracking drums and rehearsal, as well as a general man cave.
1128200816-XL.jpg

There's also a control room and a small vocal booth (not shown):

1128200830-L.jpg

If you mount a board horizontally across attached to the studs, you can mount the hangers anywhere on the board. You’re not married to using just the studs.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Match whatever trim/trim color in the room. A nice piece of mahogany or walnut would be awesome, strong and look great.

Back