waiting on a new PRS guitar order, how long?

SlimB79

Ordered an Artist package 30th anniversary custom 24 Nov. 19th so I am 9 weeks into my wait. anyone else ordered or received one recently and what kind of wait have you experienced?

I waited 4 months for my DGT . They don't just build right away when they get the order. When they do a run of your model, that's when they make it. Cost efficient and better quality control that way.

Ah, well thank you for the reply. i guess the agony of the wait will continue then :wink:

I've been through the factory a few times, both during the Experience and with dealers. I got the sense that they actually don't do a run of this and then a run of that. When I looked at the benches, there would be bodies and necks for just about everything they make in evidence.

They used to have 3 shifts. At the moment, I believe they are only running 2.

I think it is more like FIFO for any order - core models - limited run models - private stock.... But it is worth the wait.

You also have to factor in that they have probably been working on some special guitars for NAMM which is just starting.

The wait makes it just more enjoyable when you open the case up for the first time.

I had to wait for my 513 AP for 10 weeks from the day my dealer
Put the order in.but believe me it was worth the wait.

Haha, yes that is definitely true! Dealer told me 8-10 weeks when i ordered but assuming i will be waiting longer now. I am sure it didn't help with the holiday season downtime either and maybe the NAMM productions also. Thanks guys

I know from experience, Namm comes to town , wait has just been increased lol....buyers and purchasers are all there waiting to order gear. Dealers I think rent a bus lol

I'm waiting on a Mesa boogie bag for my amp, oh this could be a long wait lol

I'm sure the production/number of shifts increases after they get NAMM orders... Messe isn't too far away either. That might reduce the waiting period.

I ordered an Artist Package Tremonti in October. Still waiting patiently... sort of patiently.. ;)

Was told it's "On schedule" and "We don't have an ETA". Not sure how that works, but I do believe the guitar industry is the only place you can get away with such. Haha. Dealer was originally told 120 days. So should be soon!

Damn young whippersnappers! I remember having to wait 18-24 months for an Artist Package! And we had to walk up hill, both ways, to get it! ;)

Damn young whippersnappers! I remember having to wait 18-24 months for an Artist Package! And we had to walk up hill, both ways, to get it! ;)

And when they finally got it, they couldn't focus on anything!

attachment.php

I'm ordering an Artist Package this week! Sounds like I'll have to get another guitar that is on a shelf to tide me over in the meantime. Can never have too many guitars!

I waited 6 months for hb2 AP. Am waiting on AP513 now. I don't care if it takes 10 months it is worth it. I heard something about maple necks taking longer?

This made me laugh!!!! Did you ever hear "people in hell want ice water"?

No we don't.

We just want to know when Experience is, because the other 362 days are a kind of hell.

well, after waiting a little over 10 weeks i just this morning received the word that my guitar had arrived! haven't even got to plug it in yet but it is a thing of beauty and no doubt worth the wait!

Glad it got to you...

Remember..pics or it didn't happen

10 weeks?! I hope mine comes that quick. I've waited a week so far.
In the mean time, I picked up a Wood Library Tremonti to help :) I should make a NGD thread…

What specs did you get?

Back