Waiting... I hate it.

JimmyDee

I've been coveting a PRS guitar for a long time.
I'm a sh*tty guitar player... but at 50 years old, I figure it's time to treat myself to something better than the Ibanez I've been strumming.

I've also been lurking on this forum for a bit, but haven't posted anything (until now).

I've ordered a new CE24, as well as a new MannMade 2000NOS bridge for it.
Now, I just have to wait until it arrives (hopefully late next week).

When I get my new toy, I'll post a proper introduction message, with pics.

Sing it with Tom...

tumblr_o31bisJux71v3lw45o5_250.gif
05e062db26c8de2ec32c25aeaf2b7116.gif

Actually, I'm not turning 50 until September next year...
The new guitar is my Christmas / Birthday gift to myself.

Very nice! There are quite a few of us 1967 guys on this forum. Mine was back in March and my SE Custom 24 was my present.

Staring the big 50 in the face as we speak...in January as well. I have been lusting over a couple, for over a month now....As usual, this adulting sh!t is getting all in my way...well that, and the Ginger She Devil :mad:oops, I mean this Ginger goddess I'm married to. It's okay, I've read "The Art of War" I got this...I thinko_O welcome to the forum...we are gonna be needing some pics STAT! Congrats man!

Last edited:
Permission to open the Scottish division of the F.Y.O.S.G.C?

Permission granted! We should get some T-shirts or something...oh and a website. Or maybe not, our enormous number of members might break the Internet...that would be bad ...so, yeah let's just just do
T-shirts.

Last edited:
The Fifty year Old Shitty Guitar Player's Club.
Proud to be a founding member.

Anyways, while I await the arrival of my new guitar, I went out this afternoon and bought another new toy:
nfV7L7s.jpg

Last edited:
The Fifty year Old Shitty Guitar Player's Club.
Proud to be a founding member.

Anyways, while I await the arrival of my new guitar, I went out this afternoon and bought another new toy:
nfV7L7s.jpg

Make sure and put the latest firmware on her!

I used to have Kemper, Axe FX II, and Helix all at one time, plus and AX8. Now I just have Helix and a Helix LT for backup. I hardly ever cut my two custom built tube amps on anymore!

Ya, that was step 1.
I downloaded the new firmware 2.30 and then a bunch of Glenn DeLaune patches.
Been dinging around with it all day... lots of fun, but time for bed now.
You know... 50 years old. The old man needs his sleep.

Cool! I've got a bunch of Glenn's stuff! I need to grab the rest of them sometime. Some of his were templates for most of my gigging presets.

Yeah, my old 49 year old butt is about to crash, too.

Back