Waiting for my NGD! SE 245 incoming.

BlueDecay13

Hey all

New guy here.

I’m impatiently waiting for the postman to deliver me a 2012 SE 245 in the next few days. (I’ll post pics when it’s here

I had an SE CU 24 a couple of years ago briefly but ended up selling it (mistake!) and I’m currently playing an Epiphone Les Paul.

The Epiphone is ok, but it’s seen better days, so when the 245 came up I bit the bullet.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who’s played one or who owns one. How do you find them? Anything to look out for?

I have to say I’m looking forward to being a part of the PRS family again!

Welcome BlueDecay. I can tell you from personal experience, the SE 245 is an immense guitar.

The playability is excellent and build quality is way above it price.

I think you’ll find a video uploaded somewhere on here by @Boogie . Who knows, he might be extra kind and put it on here for your viewing pleasure.

Happy NGD when it arrives and looking forward to the pictures.

Welcome BlueDecay. I can tell you from personal experience, the SE 245 is an immense guitar.

The playability is excellent and build quality is way above it price.

I think you’ll find a video uploaded somewhere on here by @Boogie . Who knows, he might be extra kind and put it on here for your viewing pleasure.

Happy NGD when it arrives and looking forward to the pictures.
Lol! My silly SE245 demo video still applies today...they rock! And, welcome!

Welcome, and congratulations! I can’t ever sell my 245 because it has literally perfect intonation. Mine is the first one I reach for when doing a theater gig. I put locking tuners and a USA nut on it. The horn players know if someone is out of tune, it ain’t me!

Last edited:
Welcome, and congratulations! I can’t ever sell my 245 because it has literally perfect intonation. Mine is the first one I reach for when doing a theater gig. I put locking tuners on it. The horn players know if someone is out of tune, it ain’t me!

So what you’re saying is that as well as straplocks, I should modify mine with locking tuners?!;)

I see what you did there:p

I don’t know, it depends on how much you bend the strings. I just think you should do whatever you want to it to make it yours.

Hey all

New guy here.

I’m impatiently waiting for the postman to deliver me a 2012 SE 245 in the next few days. (I’ll post pics when it’s here

I had an SE CU 24 a couple of years ago briefly but ended up selling it (mistake!) and I’m currently playing an Epiphone Les Paul.

The Epiphone is ok, but it’s seen better days, so when the 245 came up I bit the bullet.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who’s played one or who owns one. How do you find them? Anything to look out for?

I have to say I’m looking forward to being a part of the PRS family again!
The neck profile will be chunkier than your SE CU 24. More rounded than your Epi (if it has the slim taper D profile). It's actually quite similar to an LP Traditional with the rounded profile. I no longer own a 245 because I had to give it up on a very sweet trade deal for an LP Classic. They are very nice guitars. Much more comfortable than an Epi. The body contours are really nice. I own two S2s, a singlecut and a standard 24 and TBH, I liked the 245 maybe a little better than both of the S2s. I would say the SE 245 is probably the best bang for buck guitar PRS make and even against most other competitors. If you like the neck you should be very happy with your purchase.

Back