Wailers Wednesday

Heres mine..not very hidden..but very fitting for the world today.

It’s good to hear this again. For years I skipped it on CD’s because I had a lifetime (or what seemed like it) of flipping the cassette to avoid this and “Redemption Song”.... you remember how you’d wear out or get tired of the first song on cassettes?

It’s good to hear this again. For years I skipped it on CD’s because I had a lifetime (or what seemed like it) of flipping the cassette to avoid this and “Redemption Song”.... you remember how you’d wear out or get tired of the first song on cassettes?

Yup...like it was yesterday! :D too funny because, THAT'S exactly why I chose it today! I hadn't listened to it in years, because of cassette overkill back in the day. Man that's some good stuff!:cool:

A bit of Motown influence in this one....

This song takes me back to my teens. My older brother had loads and loads of Bob Marley's music and we used to listen to this one on the way to school.

Thanks for that one! I listened to this and thought "Holy smokes, who is that guitarist?" and was not at all surprised to find out it was Ernest Ranglin. Brilliant jazz player and one of the originators of ska.

I love this song, the lyrics especially. But the one thing I will say about Peter Tosh is, his intros are so bad, they’re endearing.

You can tell it’s a Peter Tosh vehicle because the intro absolutely sucks. :p

But you can also tell it’s him because there are zero punches pulled.

Bunny’s backups are particularly haunting.

Last edited:
Back