WahFull

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I received an email the other day from Fulltone, the company I bought my Tube Tape Echo unit from.
Seems they might make this pedal later if there are enough requests for it.
I put myself down on the list for one.

There are only two in existence from reading the page below.
http://www.fulltone.com/products/wa...il&utm_term=0_0b1d227422-d3570a4839-118457289

I know there are other pedals out there that do the "cocked" wahwah thing, but I bet this thing will be killer.

fulltone-wahfull-prototype-main.jpg

Yes, this is very cool. What do you think that the Pickup Compensator mini knob actually does?

There's a video of Robin Trower done a few years ago where he describes his gear, and the original of that was made for him. He says he uses it a ton.

Trower also uses the Fulltone Clyde wah, the Deja Vibe, his own signature model overdrive, an early Fulldrive, and some other Fulltone gear I can't think of off hand.

I really like Fulltone stuff, too. It always sounds like it fits in the musical pocket, if you know what I mean...like it's "right", sits well in a mix, sounds very classic, etc.

Yeah, thanks Les for turning me onto Michael's company.
I have not listened to any of Robin's new stuff, guess I should.
I had the vinyl album Bridge Of Sighs when it first came out in the early 70s, and it rocked.
Have it on CD and MP3 now.

I love fulltone products. Iv never played a fulltone pedal i didn't like. I kinda collect fulltone clyde wahs, I think I have all the models, the first model is my favorite ...

Iv been wanting one of those Deja Vibe wahs, very cool indeed ~

While Fuller can be very outspoken, his products are superb. Here's what's always good about them: First, they are very well made, and suitable for professional use. A good example is the Clyde (and Clyde Deluxe) wah that The Fight mentions in his post. Most wahs are very susceptible to hums and buzzes from wall warts, power strips, power supplies, etc. So Fulltone uses a steel housing that is made to effectively shield the innards from stray RFI and EMI, and I find that it works better for that than the other wahs I've owned (and I've had wahs on my pedalboard since 1967...and have tried about everything!). Most fuzzes use the old standby cast zinc housing that doesn't really do the job as well.

It's just one example of how Fulltone "gets it." Also the wah sounds great and is musically useful (some wahs are phenomenal in the store, but get them into a session or a gig, and you're disappointed).

Second, Fulltone's fuzzes are IMHO the most authentic vintage-style fuzzes out there. I like fuzz.Most people don't realize that a good fuzz can do nice things even to clean tones, and in fact, that's how Hendrix got a lot of his sounds.

The Deja Vibe is a very accurate clone of the original Univibe. Sure, you can get weirder and more syrupy ones, but they're not like the originals I remember for the most part. Etc, etc.

Of course, the OCD is a modern classic, so many players have one on their pedalboards, but the other ODs they make are extremely awesome, too. Then there are the tape echo units, that are clearly the most vintage-accurate and well built tape echoes on the market by miles and miles and miles and miles....and miles... ;)

I think I've had most of the Fulltone stuff on my board at one time or another, and haven't ever been disappointed. Obviously, some things I prefer to others, but that's why they make lots of products.

I should give the usual disclaimer that I like other pedals, too!

Doesn't he already have this pedal, called the Secret Freq??
This Wah Full and the Secret Freq are intriquing to me, but its hard for me to justify the pedalboard real estate for something like this. I hope he plans to squeeze the Wah Full into a smaller standard enclosure.

Doesn't he already have this pedal, called the Secret Freq??
This Wah Full and the Secret Freq are intriquing to me, but its hard for me to justify the pedalboard real estate for something like this. I hope he plans to squeeze the Wah Full into a smaller standard enclosure.
My feelings, too. The Secret Freq is really compelling for a new project, but never considered it a cocked-wah equivalent. Yeah, I see it now...more of a fine tuned, narrow-band version. Thanks for the perspective!

Keeley also makes the Nova Wah with the same application in mind. About the same size as an MXR Flanger, so a little more pedalboard friendly.

Seems too limited for my use -- I mean, there's nothing wrong with wanting it or getting it, it's just not for me.

Changed my mind...want. The pickup compensation circuit and presets bring something new and very usable to the game. A possible tool for those looking to differentiate.

Back