Volume pedal

Igotsoul4u

I am driving myself insane with volume pedals. I have a McCarty Korina with stock pickups. Any suggestions on volume pedals that work well with my my guitar? I have had a ernie ball jr pedal and it sounded terrible to my ears. I recently picked up a mission VM pro but the taper from the heel down position is too drastic. I feel like I can't make my swells as gradual or even as I would like. Telonics is not an option. I can't imagine spending that much on a volume pedal.

I love Dunlop volume pedals. I really dig them. Ernie Ball's have a tendency to have the string break or suck tone IMO.

I use the Volume X which is the smaller version that fits nicely next to my Dunlop Crybaby wah. The standard Dunlop VP is quite large.

I use a Dunlop VP in my amp's FX loop. Works fairly well, but the taper isn't quite as smooth as I'd like. It's smooth up to about 3/4 of the way up, and then there's a big jump in level.
Back in the '70's I used Morley pedals. They were smooth, but they were always breaking down on me, usually the bulb burning out. The newer ones use an LED rather than a miniature bulb, so they should be more reliable, but they're still uncomfortable for me--the toe points down at full volume. Not a good position for my ankle!
The new Sonuus pedal from the UK has been getting some good reviews lately, but it's pricey, and it's got a lot of features that I don't think I need. I've used a volume pedal since the early '70's, and it's been a never-ending quest to find one that a) works well, and b) keeps working! One of the best-sounding ones I ever had was an English Colorsound volume/wah that I got in about '73, but it lasted about three months before the pot got so scratchy that it was unusable, and replacement pots weren't available in the US.

I ended up with a hilton pro guitar volume pedal. It was not cheap but it's totally worth the price. Swells have never sounded better. I was playing musically right off the bat. It doesn't mess with my tone either. Love it. Highly recommend it.

Back