Voicemail that you don't want.

Oh yes sir THAT sucks. Your monitor on the floor may not survive like you want but all that other stuff can be opened up and dried out.

Long ago my band hot caught in a down pour at night outside.

Got everything packed up but the tote I kept mics in had 6 inches of water and my mics were layin in that.

opened them up in front of a fan for a couple days and they were fine. Still have and use those mics today
Yeah, I have my Whammy pedal apart and drying out right now. My drummer saved it from the puddle after snapping the pic. He did inform me that he poured a cup of water out of it. Inside everything still looks fine, but there was some water in the selector switch. I'm giving it another couple of days to dry out before checking it out. We were recording and my amp was on the floor as we were using different cabs and whatnot... the water line is above the chassis. I'm letting that dry out as well and hoping for the best.

Yeah, I have my Whammy pedal apart and drying out right now. My drummer saved it from the puddle after snapping the pic. He did inform me that he poured a cup of water out of it. Inside everything still looks fine, but there was some water in the selector switch. I'm giving it another couple of days to dry out before checking it out. We were recording and my amp was on the floor as we were using different cabs and whatnot... the water line is above the chassis. I'm letting that dry out as well and hoping for the best.
Good luck, I feel for you brother........

THAT
IS
NOT
COOL!

but been there, done that. with the exception of mic stands and pedal board, everything is off the ground on dollies, including drums.

That’s a drag! I had a burst pipe at my studio in my old house, but I was there when it happened, and turned off the water before any serious damage ensued (I still had to repair a small area of the ceiling and wall).

Sorry to see that! Water makes such an incredible mess when it gets where it shouldn't be.

Oh, and those chairs? They spontaneously appear in any building that's old enough.

Sorry to see that! Water makes such an incredible mess when it gets where it shouldn't be.

Oh, and those chairs? They spontaneously appear in any building that's old enough.
All of the buildings in the area were built in the late 1800s or early 1900s. I'd imagine there are many spontaneous items that appear. Heh.

What amp is this that we're talking about?
It's a modded Jet City JCA50H. It's nothing outwardly special, but I tried it on a whim when amp shopping a few years back and it blew me away... especially at the price point. If it had been ruined I probably would have gone for a Soldano Hot Rod 50.

It's a modded Jet City JCA50H. It's nothing outwardly special, but I tried it on a whim when amp shopping a few years back and it blew me away... especially at the price point. If it had been ruined I probably would have gone for a Soldano Hot Rod 50.
That almost makes you wish it HAD been ruined! No offense, I know they are pretty cool amps. But a HR50, that's great! Or an Archon 50... or Splawn...

Back